04 USDM STi Cluster in 02 WRX

This is a discussion on 04 USDM STi Cluster in 02 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I think I have read every thread in three different forums so I figured I'd just ask. Does anyone, who ...

Question 04 USDM STi Cluster in 02 WRX

I think I have read every thread in three different forums so I figured I'd just ask. Does anyone, who has installed a USDM STi Cluster in their WRX, know if there is a fix to get the DCCD and Rear Diff Temp lights to not come on? There are some really good threads on this subject but I have yet to read where someone has corrected those two problems.

I'm asking because I just got a sweet deal on an STi Cluster and I've decided to replace my '02 stock gauge cluster (even though I just got them to look awesome in red...yeah I'm crazy). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as always. Thanks.
    '02 WRX/STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump...anyone?
    '02 WRX/STi

Quote Originally Posted by aem421
    bump...anyone?
    Take out the lights.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I swapped to a '04 WRX cluster, RPM is in the middle where it should've been in the '02. Airbag light was on. I just covered it with electrical tape behind the thin black plastic piece with all the readouts on them.

But then, I could've just used a resistor, but I didn't know that at the time.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

DCCD in wrx?

are you saying you installed the sti's dccd in your rex?

Quote Originally Posted by aem421
    I think I have read every thread in three different forums so I figured I'd just ask. Does anyone, who has installed a USDM STi Cluster in their WRX, know if there is a fix to get the DCCD and Rear Diff Temp lights to not come on? There are some really good threads on this subject but I have yet to read where someone has corrected those two problems.

I'm asking because I just got a sweet deal on an STi Cluster and I've decided to replace my '02 stock gauge cluster (even though I just got them to look awesome in red...yeah I'm crazy). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as always. Thanks.
    Got Boost?

No, I didn't install the DCCD, just the STi gauge cluster. When you do that, the DCCD light on the dash and the Rear Diff Temp light on the dash, stay lit. I was wondering if anyone figured out how to get them to turn off.
    '02 WRX/STi

Quote Originally Posted by subieworx
    Take out the lights.
    simple as this. you don't have dccd or rear diff temp so you don't need the lights. so instead of all the resistors and such, just take out the lights
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

I looked at the cluster in detail. It's almost impossible to take out the lights. I'm too afraid to even fool with it because I don't want to break a $500 piece of equipment. It's way easier to just slip in a piece of electrical tape to cover up the back of the gauge plates. I think I'll do that for now until someone comes up with a better solution. Thanks guys.
    '02 WRX/STi

tape it!!

tape it or leave them alone. i just left mine alone so every time a chick gets in my car i can tell her they are important chicks dig them!

anyone know where I can find a good tutorial on how to install a 8 STI CLuster in an 04 WRX?

Thanks.....I tried seaching but am not having much luck
    Once upon a time I had a unique sig.....that time has passed. Now my sig is bland and boring like Cream Of Wheat without butter or sugra. Bleh.