need help guys

This is a discussion on need help guys within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, i have a defi control unit that needs to be spliced into the stock wiring for the wrx. here ...

need help guys

Hi, i have a defi control unit that needs to be spliced into the stock wiring for the wrx. here is the 4 wires i need

i have a power(red), Black (ground), orange(ignition) white(small lamp)... thats what the harness conclude.. it has total of 4 wires..

i do not know what the small lamp wire is..does anyone know what this is?

i guess i need that as well.. can someone tell me how i can locate the appropriate wire from the car, so i can connect these 4 wires to those ones on the car? thanks for ya'll help =)
    Nothing happens until something moves

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Use the wires from the clock. All 4 wires are there and labeled on the back of the clock itself.

You will not be able to get the gauges to dim with the dash illumination. They will only be either on or off. Subaru uses both a positive and a negative illumination wires and adjusts the negative wire voltage to control illumination. If you were to connect to the negative illumination wire the gauges would dim but it would be opposite the dash illumination.

If you use the 4 clock wires like I said above, you will have all the correct wires in one place.

-Alex