Omori or Defi D gauges

This is a discussion on Omori or Defi D gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; these gauges are in the same price range, and i am looking into buying a boost and egt gauge. I ...

Omori or Defi D gauges

these gauges are in the same price range, and i am looking into buying a boost and egt gauge. I just wanted to know if anyone has any information on how these gauges preform and if they are reliable. thnx
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Defi are the bomb. color doesn't match my STI so I got the Omori.. It is the shizzz. Looks like the dash lights and blends nicely. Too bad i don't have a camera to show ya.

i have the defi d gauges with my sti cluster..
    doesn't match it...since the defi are orange lit...
    but it looks awesome
    if you really want them to match the cluster, get the omori which don't look as cool imo or get the new defi's and save up...they are a lot though
    FP Green STi

I Got the Omoris and love them.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

Wiring on DEFI

I dont know how the Omori are, but, the Defi gauges are great with the wiring. The EGT sender is all metal sleeved and wired with connections. Same with plugging into the back of the gauge - Autometer required you to screw the wires on. So, Defi gauges you can't cross wires for the senders.

i got the omori wrx look boost gauge, works great and easy to install, and it matched well with the stock cluster. ive got pics ill have them up in a day or so.
    fp18g = 315awhp 275tq.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    these gauges are in the same price range, and i am looking into buying a boost and egt gauge. I just wanted to know if anyone has any information on how these gauges preform and if they are reliable. thnx
    No experience with the DEFI's but I'm still a bit PO'ed that I'll need to do a buncha extra wiring to get my Omori Elec boost guage to Dim with the rest of the lighting in my car...

Quote Originally Posted by edsmith42
    No experience with the DEFI's but I'm still a bit PO'ed that I'll need to do a buncha extra wiring to get my Omori Elec boost guage to Dim with the rest of the lighting in my car...
    which one do you have.. 46mm or 52? I got the 52 with adjustable backlighting and it is just plain awesome. The color box allows you to dim the color a bit until almost dark. But because my cluster is red and bright, it blends nicely at max setting.