Replacing two new front seats....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Replacing two new front seats.... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I been thinkinking about switching some racing seats up front. but how do i take out the airbag light indicator ...

Replacing two new front seats....

I been thinkinking about switching some racing seats up front. but how do i take out the airbag light indicator on the dash?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Simply by taking out the light bulb behind the cluster!!
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

Do a search, you need a 3.3 ohm 3/4 watt resistor stuck into each plug. That will simulate the airbags still being plugged up and no SRS light.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I might be getting Sti seats soon, do they have side airbags as well? If so, how do I hook them up?
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

can i cut the plug from the oem seat and plug it into the socket?

btw, where can i get the watt resistor?
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 09-23-2004 at 02:31 PM.

with what on the other end of the cut plug?

itll still see nothing there.

thats like cutting the wire and leaving the seats in.

the fixes are really easy and cheap.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

i read on nasioc that the factory sensor's resistance is 3.0 ohm 1w. now i know .3 difference is acceptable, but is the extra 1/4 acceptable as well?
    Definition of “rice”; to install or want items which makes the vehicle “cheesy” in appearance or in ist function. The term is more often than not used by non-Asian races. Also, the products or style used and defined as “rice” is more often than not manufactured and sported by non-Asians.

Now that PM from Wicked makes sense, LOL

I used 1/4 watt 3.3 ohm resistors, and they work fine. Don't cut anything. That's pointless, since the unplugged harness is the same as a cut wire - an open circuit. The resistor simulates the airbags in the seat. You just tape it into the empty harness. I've had them in for almost a year, no idiot light, no problems, and I've got ~34,000 miles on my car now. It works.

I have 100 of these resistors. I can provide them for a small donation, say a buck for two?
    Last edited by wonderspark; 09-23-2004 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderspark
    Now that PM from Wicked makes sense, LOL

I used 1/4 watt 3.3 ohm resistors, and they work fine. Don't cut anything. That's pointless, since the unplugged harness is the same as a cut wire - an open circuit. The resistor simulates the airbags in the seat. You just tape it into the empty harness. I've had them in for almost a year, no idiot light, no problems, and I've got ~34,000 miles on my car now. It works.

I have 100 of these resistors. I can provide them for a small donation, say a buck for two?
    thanks to this dude, i won't have to worry about that stupid light once i installed my new buckets!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.