Factory CD Change Going Out

This is a discussion on Factory CD Change Going Out within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The factory CD changer in my 2002 WRX wagon is having some issues. It will load the CD fine, but ...

Angry Factory CD Change Going Out

The factory CD changer in my 2002 WRX wagon is having some issues. It will load the CD fine, but will "hang" (best term I can think of) with the display reading "CD-1" or sometimes will get to the track reading "01 0:00" and refuse to play anything.

I do not put more than one CD in at a time (don't trust CD changers) ever and am not knowing for over switching the CDs every 5 minutes. I tend to put one in and listen to it all the way through, then remove it and place another one in.

If you must ask, I keep my CDs in amazing condition, making sure they always go back to there respective spots in the CD case. So scratches on the CDs leading to read errors doesn't seem likely.

So I have 2 questions:

a) Has anyone else had this happen to them?
    b) If it did happen to you and you did get it fixed, how much did that cost?

Please, I'm missing my Wagner and Milles Davis and Bright Eyes!

Snowboy76

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My cd player stopped playing CD's and one got stuck in there. Subaru replaced my CD player under warrenty and sent me the cd that was stuck in the old one.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

No Warrenty

Unfortunatly, my car has 53,000 miles on it and the guy at St. Cloud, MN Subaru told me that its no longer covered under the warrenty since the accessories are covered for 3 years/36,000miles. So I'm trying to determine whether I should have it fixed or just rip it out and put in an aftermarket one.
    Last edited by snowboy76; 09-20-2004 at 07:04 AM.

You can probably buy one from a fellow member on here.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I've got two OEM ones in Mint condition. Make me an offer. These are from personal vehicles, not from my shop, so I'm willing to accept any reasonable offer.

Claudiu Ene
    Sales Manager, "Sound Waves" Van Nuys
    (818) 787-7166

PM, post, or call me today, as I'll be on vacation from tonight until Friday morning.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.