Valentine 1 questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Valentine 1 questions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I finally got a Valentine 1. I searched and didnt find exactly what I was looking for. I want ...

Valentine 1 questions

So I finally got a Valentine 1. I searched and didnt find exactly what I was looking for.

I want to hardwire it to my map light or my mirror. What wire do you tap into if you HAVE the auto-dimming mirror?

Does anyone have a cool way of using the space for that stupid shade to perm mount it? I'm hoping someone came up with a bracket or something to mount it.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

maybe try those suction cup things you press to the windshield. not really sure how heavy the radar det. is.

I was thinking about putting it on the top part of the windshield or the middle shade too. I was thinking velcro to mount it, but I forget how heavy it is. Might have to velcro the shade to the roof if it is too heavy... Maybe if you velcro it to the part closest to the windshield the shade won't flop down. I don't have the mirror, so I'm no help on that..

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiju
    So I finally got a Valentine 1. I searched and didnt find exactly what I was looking for.

I want to hardwire it to my map light or my mirror. What wire do you tap into if you HAVE the auto-dimming mirror?

Does anyone have a cool way of using the space for that stupid shade to perm mount it? I'm hoping someone came up with a bracket or something to mount it.
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70559
    someone drilled a hole in the visor clip and fastened it to where the visor was. it was on there, but it had an unsightly gap around it.

i just hardwired it by tapping into the blue wire (i think, i would check, but i'm not at home) and just using the suction cup.

Thanks for the advise and the link guys. I will tap the blue wire!

keep em coming.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Quote Originally Posted by Shiju
    Thanks for the advise and the link guys. I will tap the blue wire!

keep em coming.

double check with a meter before you do. i'm out of town, so i can't check at the moment, but i'm 99% sure its the blue wire. (blue wires are usually the accessory wires that turn on with the ignition)

anybody else have a pic of their set up? Cmon show off and give me a good idea!
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.