Aftermarket sub/amp to stock cdplayer?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Aftermarket sub/amp to stock cdplayer? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; is it possible to hook up a sub/amp to my stock cdplayer?? I wanna keep the 6disc indash feature....

Aftermarket sub/amp to stock cdplayer?

is it possible to hook up a sub/amp to my stock cdplayer?? I wanna keep the 6disc indash feature.
    2004 WRB 5spd
    catless

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Yes, you need to use a Hi-Low converter. They run between $15-$140. The cheap one should be more than sufficient for a sub and amp though.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ok i will look into those, thanks
    2004 WRB 5spd
    catless

Some amps have speaker-level inputs so you don't have to buy a converter. Read the specifications carefully.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by 04blkWRX
    Some amps have speaker-level inputs so you don't have to buy a converter. Read the specifications carefully.
    That is true, but I don't recommend that route as it leads to "Engine Noise". A hi-low converter has gain level adjustments to tune and balance properly. Your amps input does not. But then again, if you're on a budget, you could scimp on $20 that way.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ok after askin people about these, it seems as if i won't get a good sound quality out of my sub, is this true? some pple are saying that the actual vocals will be coming out of my sub since it won't have a dedicated low freq. line out.
    2004 WRB 5spd
    catless

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    It's a sub. You're not building a SQ system, nor is your car well suited for any SQ setup. Realistically, you won't hear a difference unless you swap the radio. You've got to be reasonable with car audio. The benefit of a Hi-lo is that it has controllable gain settings, meaning less noise.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.