Alarm Messed UP

This is a discussion on Alarm Messed UP within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; not sure where to throw this, but seems like it could be posted here. ok so first let me start ...

Alarm Messed UP

not sure where to throw this, but seems like it could be posted here.

ok so first let me start out by saying, i do have a turbo timer, have had it for 4 months, and i just noticed this problem (just started like today or yesterday).

When i push the orange button to lock the car, the car locks and the beeps. But what i noticed is that, if i pull the handle and try to "break in" to the car the alarm doesnt go off, where normally it would of if i had tried this like 2 weeks ago or 2 months ago. Also, when i push the little blue button to unlock the car, it unlocks just fine ...beeps and the whole nine yards, only when i get into the car, i just noticed that the red blinking "security" light is still flashing...seem odd? well it is!

anyone know what could be up?

Thanks
    2004 Silver WRX
    HKS UpPipe
    HKS DownPipe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you lock the car and pull the door handle up, the alarm should *not* go off, so that's normal.

The flashing light on the dash with the alarm off isn't though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

well im not talking about pulling the door handle, i used to be able to hit the spoiler and it would go off or reach inside with window down, unlock tthe door and then open it and it would go off as well then too. Now, it just doesnt go off at all,any ideas?
    2004 Silver WRX
    HKS UpPipe
    HKS DownPipe

sid
    Make sure it's not in valet mode

ya someone on nasioc said try that, and it was. I tried to take it out of valet mode ealier and it did noting....very interesting. Oh well, it works now.

Thanks.
    2004 Silver WRX
    HKS UpPipe
    HKS DownPipe