Gauge cluster swap question?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gauge cluster swap question? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is there any way I can transplant odometers? I need to keep the one that goes with my car. I ...

Gauge cluster swap question?

Is there any way I can transplant odometers? I need to keep the one that goes with my car. I don't wan't to mess with the legal issues if I ever resell. Any advice? Thanks!
    2005 CGM WRX / 1994 Legacy Turbo Wagon
    Do not believe that you do not control your own fate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nope
    FP Green STi

Take it to a dealer and they should be able to reset the odometer to match your old one.

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Originally posted by qoncept
    Take it to a dealer and they should be able to reset the odometer to match your old one.
    Up here in Boulder, the dealerships told me they could do nothing to reset the odometers, even though I believe they can with their computers. As long as you have a dealership install the gauges, the mileage change will be jotted down in their records and a little piece of paper will be glued to the inside of your drivers side door stating that change.

Supposedly there are places which can do a mileage swap on digital odometers, but I have yet to find one that'll do it for less than $500.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

thanks guys
    2005 CGM WRX / 1994 Legacy Turbo Wagon
    Do not believe that you do not control your own fate.

Hey guys, just thought I would share this with everyone. You can get your odometer set to match your old one. There's a place in Tacoma, WA called Tacoma Speedometer & Instrument. I talked to them yesterday. Give them a call and ask for Dennis. He is awesome. He's very helpful. They can do it for $65. All you need is a statement of fact from the MVA stating what your actual mileage is on the car. Ask Dennis, he can explain it. They can do it in one day so you'll have minimal down time. Hope that helps.

Here's the website: http://www.tacomaspeedometer.com/
    '02 WRX/STi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.