Is this a good deal?

This is a discussion on Is this a good deal? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; A guy in my apartment complex wants to sell me a system he purchased in '01 and never installed. (2) ...

Is this a good deal?

A guy in my apartment complex wants to sell me a system he purchased in '01 and never installed.

(2) Rockford 12" subs (model RF Punch 3812)
    (2) sets of Rockford 6 1/2" components (model FNQ2614)
    (2) Rockford amps. 4 channel x 100watts (model RFG14004)
    (1) Pioneer Deck (DEH-P7300)

He wants $950 for the whole setup. I have seen it all and it is still brand new in original boxes. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
    Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    If it's in proper working condition...not really.

Since it's old, you should counter the offer with about $700. You can purchase almost all of the above, brand new, current model line up, for about the same price. I'd be happy to accomodate.

Here's what I could do.

2 x P2 12" Rockford Fosgate Subs
    2 x Rockford Fosgate 6 1/2 Components. *
    2 x Rockford Fosgate P4004 Amps. **
    1 x Pioneer Premier DEH-P760***

$1100, shipped.

* On the components, you have 6 1/2 in the front, no problem, but your rears are 4" (plus, it'll drop cost).

** Why 2 4-channel amps, You'd be better off getting one 4-channel and 1 2-channel or 1 Mono amp, for the subs(plus, it'll drop cost).

*** This unit comes with a 2 year warranty, and is a Pioneer premier, not a regular pioneer. Better components, warranty, and extra features when compared to the equivalent Pioneer model (7600).

let me know.

Claudiu Ene
    Sales Manager, "Sound Waves" Van Nuys
    (818) 787-7166
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

2 12's are too much

imo 1 12'' would be perfect. space saving too

ej20 I was hoping you would respond to this post. I see you all over these boards and it seems like you have your head in this game pretty well.

I actually wasn't looking for everything he was offering, it just happened to be the complete system he had. What I want is...

I nice pioneer deck
    Some decent component speakers up front and matching speakers in back
    a quality 10 or 12" sub
    and a 2-300 watt amp for the sub
    in a year of so I will upgrade the deck to the Kenwood DDX7015

Koreanbeefcake you are right. 2 12"s would be too much.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    If you want a simple, good yet light setup, I'd recommend a 5-channel, with speakers and a single sub. This seems to work out best in balancing cost/weight. There are a few very decent amps to choose from, the Hifonics Z8000 is a good amp, the PZone/crunch amp, made by Maxxsonics, the same company that makes Hifonics, is also a very good amp, with a much better price point.

Front Components will always be a problem for all WRX/STi's. You may have to modify the window rail to accomodate the speakers. I prefer this over moding the door, as I'm not a big fan of custom door panels. I am a big supporter of making your car look as stock as possible in the cabin. The trunk is another story.

As for components, I recommend, Diamond Audio, MB Quart, Rockford Fosgate, and of course Audison and Focal.

In regards to subs, you can't really go wrong as long as you go with a simple, reputable woofer. RF P1, P2's are good, Kove Audio makes some very good woofers, as do MTX, MMATS, and Soundstream. The biggest factor will obviously be cost. Let me know how much you want to spend/work with, and I'll throw together a package.

Claudiu Ene
    Sales Manager, "Sound Waves" Van Nuys
    (818) 787-7166
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.