Switch in glovebox

This is a discussion on Switch in glovebox within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So while loseing some wait off my car i noticed there was a switch in my glovebox. A silver metal ...

Switch in glovebox

So while loseing some wait off my car i noticed there was a switch in my glovebox. A silver metal one. i switched it the other way to figure out what it could be and tried everything in my car. not for alarm, radio, turbo timer, dvd player or the tv's. not even the daytime running lights, thats what i thought it was for when i searched but nope. just wondering if it was stock or not. When u open the glovebox its on the right top side when its down. i dont have a clue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I haven't heard of it before... Can you get any pics?
    -Lee

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Does it say "self destruct" on it? J/K

Sounds like an old fuel cut or something

if i can figure out how to load them im going to take some picks now. thanks

hopefully this works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails glovebox2.jpg  

it say on, on the top and off on the bottom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails glovebox.jpg  
    Last edited by shiro9; 09-02-2004 at 01:31 PM.

i think i know what it is. it wasnt hooked up and then i fixed it. when the radio was on it killed the bass and the radio got all staticy. but it didnt do the same thing when the cd player was on though. thats all i got so far. thanks though.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    it's a switch for an FM Modulator, or at least it looks and from what you're describing, behaves like one. Did you have a video System, or an Aux input hooked up to your car??
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

yeah i got a dvd player and screens in the back seats. the right one aint working though.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    when switching it, you should hear the audio from the DVD on a radio station. Usually, these are around the 87-88 fm range. Play around a bit, and you should find it.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Oh my god your right. i didint even think abou that. i unhooked it, i better go check and see if i get sound for the dvd player anymore. thanks alot, it really helped.