need issue helped solved

This is a discussion on need issue helped solved within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i had car toys put in an amp and 2 12's to my stock stereo half a year ago. i ...

need issue helped solved

i had car toys put in an amp and 2 12's to my stock stereo half a year ago. i got some new stuff and was thinkin of having a freind help me do install. well when we pulled the stock stereo out it had 1 screw holding it in and my freind checked some other stuff and said it was a bad install (freind said the wires he used were cheap stuff for what i paid for)

so i go to best buy. and he says the ground wire is like right above my gas tank and he dont wanna touch it (best buy thought he drilled in my gas tank) i go to car toys asking them about it. they guy laughs in my face and tells me im an idiot for going to best buy. so i said screw it, ill talk with the manager later. best buy says it is a really bad ground anyways and said i should tell them to put in a new ground in the proper space since they messed up. car toys says, nothing is wrong with it stop wasting their time.

should i just say hell with and let best buy do it right (best buy gave a SUPER deal for having all this trouble like charging me half price everything.) or bug car toys to change it so i can save about $40 from having best buy drilling new ground and stuff.

p.s. i have all reciepts from both places.
    im really frustrated right now so if you read this i thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    As a car audio vendor/shop, it always bothers me to hear these horror stories about bad installs, and horrible service. What scares me the most is that Best Buy seems to be the best, most knowledgeable place in your area, which almost leads me to advise you to DIY, on basic items. If you are planning on doing this, let me know, as I'll be more than glad to help you with anything you need from parts to advice, including diagrams.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

in defense of BB and circuit city...

just b/c they work for a chain doesnt mean ALL of their installers are morons.

i know my brother is one of the smartest guys out there with this **** and no indy shops would hire b/c he had no "real life" experience. he was about to get a job at one of the big chains just to get some experience under his belt that may help (on paper) get a job.

a few of his other friends, who were quite knowledgeable as well, worked at the chains for the same reasons.

give them credit to some extent...

dont always be so weary and blanket everyone...

my .02
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Originally posted by gusto
    in defense of BB and circuit city...

just b/c they work for a chain doesnt mean ALL of their installers are morons.

give them credit to some extent...

dont always be so weary and blanket everyone...

my .02
    True, I came from Circuit City, their super-techs are very well informed and knowledgeable. On the other hand, their installers are ususally not trained or equiped to handle any kind of work, that is not a direct plug-and-play application. If all you're looking for is an amp/radio install, they can't go wrong. Custom fabrication, or door speakers in a WRX/STi, they, most likely, will turn down or overcharge for such procedures, as they're not equipped to handle such scenarios. They're not a bad place to start, but not a final solution when it comes to advanced car audio systems. They have their niche, I as a "Indy" shop have mine.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.