Anyone install one of these?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone install one of these? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...717034014&rd=1 Looks pretty cool. Its fills in the double din completely with screen. When its time to change a CD ...

Anyone install one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...717034014&rd=1

Looks pretty cool. Its fills in the double din completely with screen. When its time to change a CD the screen lifts.

How is the install of a head unit in these cars? Is it easy to disassemble the dash? Im really disappointed with the stock WRX setup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    The site is a ebay seller. Contrary to popular belief, you will not be able to send your unit in for warranty purposes as Kenwood does not allow Online sales. Don't believe me, check their site.

Kenwood Online sales policy

This forum, on the other hand, does not qualify for their restriction, as it is not advertised to the general public, and I am a factory direct authorized dealer, trust me, I've had a long talk with the rep about being a vendor on this forum, and the legalities of it.

Kenwood thread

To install, simply remove the trim around the radio. It snaps right off, then there are six screws holding the factory bracket.Remove those, and the OEM radio will slide right out, make sure you unplug it though. Then remove the factory ISO mount screws that hold the brackets to the radio. There should be 4 on each side, a total of 8. Grab new unit, mount brackets and re-insert ISO mounting screws, plug in harness, slide into hole, then srew in the six screws you took out in the beginning, and you're done. Total time, including brake wire tap (or ground if you want to watch while driving ) and soldering/crimping harness ~ 1hr.

Mine also comes with the Harness and a 2 year warranty for $1100 Shipped.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    If you're not sure, use their dealer locator for Van Nuys, CA 91405, and you'll see my store. "SOUND WAVES"

Claudiu Ene
    Sales Manager, "Sound Waves"
    6600 Van Nuys BLVD.
    Van Nuys, CA 91405
    (818) 787-7166
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

I Support ClubWRX
    I wish I could afford something that nice, but I just haven't been able to justify the cost... yet
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

thanks claudiu for the info. I sent you a pm.

Originally posted by ej20fan
    If you're not sure, use their dealer locator for Van Nuys, CA 91405, and you'll see my store. "SOUND WAVES"

Claudiu Ene
    Sales Manager, "Sound Waves"
    6600 Van Nuys BLVD.
    Van Nuys, CA 91405
    (818) 787-7166
    thats funny, there is a "sound waves" here in MN too, know a few guys that work there.
    Josh
    '04 WRX
    PM me about Porting and Polishing!
    www.grimmspeed.com
    www.mnsubaru.com

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Yeah, there's another one here in L.A. as well, in Santa Monica, but we're not affiliated. I'm pretty big, Distributor Status/discounts, but not big enough to trademark the name.

Yeah I really want that unit too-it'll be the last thing I do though - so easy to install and fits perfectly i our godforsaken cars with their double din PITA stereo - wat I wanna know is does it play movies and such while the car is moving or do you have to be stopped like with some other comparable units - itd be nice for my passengers to watch movies while I am driving instead of in a parking lot like with the clarion/panasonic ones.
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Originally posted by Danbob
    Yeah I really want that unit too-it'll be the last thing I do though - so easy to install and fits perfectly i our godforsaken cars with their double din PITA stereo - wat I wanna know is does it play movies and such while the car is moving or do you have to be stopped like with some other comparable units - itd be nice for my passengers to watch movies while I am driving instead of in a parking lot like with the clarion/panasonic ones.
    I can hook it up/pre-wire the harness for "off-road" application, meaning that all you have to do is plug it in, and it'll play movies while you're trying to see how what speed WRX's max out at during rush hour. Just remember not to come crying to me when you rear end the guy in front of you who now claims a lifelong disbality, caused by your negligence. The harness, wired is $25

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.