Water in car....

This is a discussion on Water in car.... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well tonight it rained verry hard and my car was parked at a friends house and i as i go ...

Angry Water in car....

well tonight it rained verry hard and my car was parked at a friends house and i as i go to leave i hear water swishing around, so i look and sure enought there is a puddle of water on the back seat floor. So i get home and shop vac it as much as i could and got most of the water up, but my question is this, i still feel water in the cloth under the carpet, like when i press down on it i hear the water mushing around, what exactly is under the carpet in the back seat besides that cloth stuff, is there something that can rust or get moldy. I think in the morning when i wake up i will try to pull up the carpet and suck some more water up if there is any left and it didnt dry up. sorry about the long post im just really mad this happen to my car and im not too sure what to do. By the way the water didnt come in through a window or anything, when i got out to my car the whole left side was in like a 2 foot puddle where the street was flooded, anyone with some ideas or knows what to do woould be great. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there's probably sound deading material under there, if i was you i'd sweep it out real good and (if you can) just park it out side in the sun all day sunday or something and let that bad boy air out, i flooded my work cars interior from driving through 4ft of water (at night) and had to leave the doors open on it for 2-3 days straight to get it all dried up good luck

thanks....

the clean up process......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cleanup1.jpg  

one more....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cleanup2.jpg  

AHhhhh!!!

So here I am, reading these posts, then I think to myself, "self, it's pouring rain outside right now." Then I thought about how it was 80 and sunny outside a few hours ago and how I left my windows open a little bit!

I just ran outside and closed them. Thanks for starting this thread
    Black 2005 STi
    Mods: iPod resting in console and turbo gauge

Originally posted by superic
    AHhhhh!!!

So here I am, reading these posts, then I think to myself, "self, it's pouring rain outside right now." Then I thought about how it was 80 and sunny outside a few hours ago and how I left my windows open a little bit!

I just ran outside and closed them. Thanks for starting this thread
    hahah no problem glad your car is ok..as for mine everything dried out good and the car is back together.

Same thing happened to me and my car is in the same shape- rear and right seat out, carpet up, towels all over the place. Also I've found that new "crystal"-like kitty litter works wonders. It's silica crystals!

But one question, is having the right seat out going to screw w/ my ECU because of the airbag wiring? I should prolly reset the ECU when done huh?

ya you should be fine i took all my stuff out and when i put my car back together i reset my ECU because i just put my DP in that day....

Sounds good. I'll reset the ECU when I put everything back together !

Just wish I had the time to install everything else I have for the car.

Did you found out where the water came from?
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

Originally posted by Roffa
    Did you found out where the water came from?
    I'm guessing the high water levels after a bad storm. My buddy's xB and my aunts 325i were also flooded in the same respect.
    In my neighborhood I know where not to park when we have rain like that, unfortunately I was at my GF's place and had no idea where the water would build/stand.

hey Desolate where are you around in chicago if you dont mind me asking?

Technically Skokie, but I pretty much live at my GF's place in Roscoe Village. That's where the flooding happened.

I have a Wrangler too and whenever it gets wet the best way to help it dry is to take it out for a drive. You would be amazed at how hot everything gets under there. Everything heats up and evaporates. Plus i think it helps prevent any mildew from growing in the moisture.