Mobile Video
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mobile Video within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm in the market to install a 7 inch TV screen in my car, and I was wondering if anyone ...

Mobile Video

I'm in the market to install a 7 inch TV screen in my car, and I was wondering if anyone else has done this yet. As of now I'm interested in a motorized in-dash screen, but I dont want to remove my stock stereo system. I also dont wanna buy a flip-down screen because then I'd have to be in the backseat to see it. Any advice?
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've owned my WRX for about a month and the CD player has already crapped out. !!!!

So, I'm looking for a replacement head unit/tuner. I'm also interested in mobile video.... does anyone know of a good LCD/TFT video screen/head unit/tuner/toaster oven that fits in the OEM tuner slot?
    vrooooom

Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by jonowrx
    I've owned my WRX for about a month and the CD player has already crapped out. !!!!

So, I'm looking for a replacement head unit/tuner. I'm also interested in mobile video.... does anyone know of a good LCD/TFT video screen/head unit/tuner/toaster oven that fits in the OEM tuner slot?
    Hey, I'm not sure if you're after another stock unit or aftermarket, but if you want stock, I saw a couple on Ebay.

Originally posted by jedimaster

Hey, I'm not sure if you're after another stock unit or aftermarket, but if you want stock, I saw a couple on Ebay.
    Actually, the dealership is replacing it, free of charge (as they should). But, I don't want this to happen again, and would like to take advantage of this opportunity/excuse to upgrade to something better sounding/cooler looking. I'm sure everyone peepin this site can understand.
    vrooooom

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but if you want an aftermarket CD player for a low low price then PM TeamShiftPoint. William will hook you up. Tell him that I (Fahd) refered you.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I Support ClubWRX

Actually, the dealership is replacing it, free of charge (as they should). But, I don't want this to happen again, and would like to take advantage of this opportunity/excuse to upgrade to something better sounding/cooler looking. I'm sure everyone peepin this site can understand.
    I would take the replacement installed. Uninstall it. Reinstall the deck of your choice. Sell the new replacement on Ebay for more mod money!

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX

I would take the replacement installed. Uninstall it. Reinstall the deck of your choice. Sell the new replacement on Ebay for more mod money!

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    damn, that's a good idea.

thanks daddee. you guys really think i'd sell it for more than 20 clams???
    vrooooom

Check this part number out at Panasonic. might be what you're looking for.

CY-VMD9000U

Originally posted by GottaGettaRex
    Check this part number out at Panasonic. might be what you're looking for.

CY-VMD9000U
    Yeah, that's a pretty cool head unit but it doesn't feature a touch-screen, and, most importantly, I've been trying to find a head unit that fits in the WRX double-din space, features a TFT monitor (not motorized flip-up) and also has the dvd/cd/mp3 player built in. Also... while we're at it, Navigation would be nice.

I'm dreaming, right? Nothing like that exists, correct?
    vrooooom

i got the kenwood flipscreen kvt911 touch screen fer like 1200 on ebay about 3 months ago, its real nice the picture is wicked clear but ya ebay is the way to go

Eclipse is your best bet

I have been working with high end car audio for some time now and have used products and had experience with basically everything else out there. If you have the money I would recommend an Eclipse product hands down. Thier screens are of the highest quality and have the best picture. The reason for this is Eclipse's parent companie is Fujitsu TEN one of the worlds largest electronics corps. Fujitsu is responsible for the creation of the Toshiba high quality laptop and other HD Flat screens which most of us have seen before. Not only are the Screens and Picture quality unmatched the overall quality of the units themselves are unmatched. The attention to detial on these units just scream "I am the cream of the crop". Eclipse has a large product line up when it comes to mobile video. They have a double DIN Wide TFT CD/casset unit called the 7301(last years model it think has changed). They also have the best single DIN fold out units on the market. The new Eclipse fold outs are even better than last years and one of the models feature a DVD player in single DIN.
    There are so many options to chose from depending on what you are looking to do. One of the best features of any Eclipse unit is the ESN security system. If you are not fimiliar with it I invite you to check it out ,theres nothing else like it by any other companie to protect your investment.
    It may seem like I work for Eclipse but I don't. I do sell them and use them. I have seen them all but nothing has impressed me more than an Eclipses units I strongly recommend you check them out. Visit the Web site for more info at
    www.eclipse-web.com and happy hunting

in 13 months on this board, that's the first head unit i've heard to crap out. i would at least get the warranty to replace it, then try to ebay sell it. it should go fast, as 2din 6 disc indash changers are hard to come by. then you can atleast subsidize somem of the cost of your new unit.

$0.02

dR

like rage said,
    the eclipse is bad. Its voice activated. Anyone know a price for it.
    2005 STI
    Obsidian black with gold wheels

Moderator of SE forum

Quote:
    What is the handicapped parking situation at the special olympics?

actually eclipse is the way to go, their new head unit (the Touchscreen) runs at like 8 oms where normal stereos run at like 4. This thing will give you rediculously clear sound if you dont mind spending alot of money i wish i had waited to get mine, cuz i deffenently would have boughten this one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.