leather seat covers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on leather seat covers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im in the market to buy a used WRX..im looking more towards a 2004, and im somewhat interested in putting ...

Question leather seat covers

im in the market to buy a used WRX..im looking more towards a 2004, and im somewhat interested in putting some leather seat covers on to make the interior a little nicer. i have a few questions though i was hoping you guys could answer, im assuming i would still get all the same seat adjustments (reclining, height, ect) because the covers are not just one peice (or am i wrong about that?), secondly, do heated seats work alright with the covers on? does it take away from the heat at all?(everybody loves a hot ass ) and lastly and probably most important...correct me if im wrong but the side airbags are in the seats correct? now if the covers were on, would they stop the airbags from depoying properly? is there any issue with that at all? and if im wrong about the airbags in the seats, then just forget that last question.

anybody have any recomendations for leather seat covers? what fits good and what doesnt?

if you guys could post your leather seat pictures that would be awesome!

and one last idea that has been on the top of my head for a little while....what about leather side panels instead of the ones that are in there that are the same material as the seats? would that work?(knowing me it would probably look stupid so what do you think?)

thanks alot,
    hopefull soon-to-be new WRX owner, Doug

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anybody?

I just got mine 2 weeks ago. I have an '02, and it was a pre-fab company that makes them (side panels included). I don't have side air bags, but they said they make them for cars with air bags and it doesn't interfere. The pull the mesh cloth covering and replace it. Night and day difference. Total cost was $1100. I'll find out the MFR, but a custom auto trim shop should know...

Rex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inside1.jpg  

They are made by Katzkin. Well worth the $.

did you install them yourself or did you have a shop install if for you? i wonder if my local subaru dealer could put leather on them for me when i buy a car from them?

im really thinking about getting the 92x....but i dont know...i dont want to say im driving a saab, i feel to much like an old man on my way to a country club in conecticut when i say that...damit...

The shop put them on for me. I'm sure the dealership would just have an after market shop do it and then mark it up. You could it yourself, but I wouldn't want to "cut my teeth" for the first time when a shop has done it many times.

Funny you mention, there was a red 92X following me home today. They look narrower...Not sure I like them, but you can get a sunroof & leather, and they do a better job with sound insulation; all things I have done on my own.

0db
    Just finished my installation on the seats this past week:

TOTALLY worth it. I got leather with suede inserts, from the ATD1 group buy.

looks pretty good...its a real tossup for me between a wrx and the 92x....ive got until april to decide...so somebody try and sell me on one

Quote Originally Posted by latka87
    looks pretty good...its a real tossup for me between a wrx and the 92x....ive got until april to decide...so somebody try and sell me on one
    Well lets see...where to start bashing the 92x...
    First off, it's ugly, what is that half-ass hood scoop that it has? It's like the legacy's hood scoop. Personally, I woudl liek to cut that pos off and **** all over it.
    Secondly, 0-60: 8.4
    Thirdly, 1/4: 14.8
    Fourthy, 0-60: 8.4
    Fifth, Look at how much prettier a WRX is than a 92x...honestly... and the wrx has the AWD, it handles BEAUTIFLY...
    Sixth, how slow and ugly is the 92x
    Need i say more?
    Go with the wrx
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

Ok, so here's my thing.
    I want to get leather seat covers. All of my dash lights will soon be blue...
    My rex sedan is aspen white...
    I'm thinking I shoudl get black leather with red inserts. How do ya'll think that would look with the blue lights and aspen white exterior? Maybe I shoudl get blue inserts to match the blue panels?
    Need some opinions here.
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

If I were you I would get black with blue stitching....I wouldn't get the inserts at all. Or it would probably still look nice with black w/white stitching.

I am more for accent color, rather than overwhelming color.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.