Reverse Indiglow Gauge Faces
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Reverse Indiglow Gauge Faces within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So after installing the AVCR, the radio, and removing the clock, I decided to complete the multi-color look of the ...

Reverse Indiglow Gauge Faces

So after installing the AVCR, the radio, and removing the clock, I decided to complete the multi-color look of the interior with gauge faces. You may not like them, but i think theyre pretty sweet... Installation is easy, and takes about an hour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrxinterior.jpg  
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just ordered mine this past thursday and i should have them by tues.
    I can not wait to get these things in my car. And i hope that they are as good as everyone says they are.

A little tip for the install - when you sit the gauge faces on - DO NOT REMOVE THE NEEDLES!!!! They are preloaded and cannot be reinstalled. You can spin the needles around as necessary, but just bend the faces to fit over them.

Once you have them on, turn the key to the on position with the engine off. This will allow you to line up the oil pressure warning lamp with the space for it on the gauge face. If this sounds confusing - youll see what i mean when you do it.

If you have any Q's feel free to email me.

OR if you come up with someplace to mount the huge switch assembly it comes with......

speed safely,

Joe
    merlin916@aol.com
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

not really my style but they look pretty sharp, nice job
    '02 Sedan Black (MT)

That looks damn good!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Those gauges look really cool. I have the...uh...not reverse indiglo gauges.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mvc-030f.bmp  
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Well i will be putting these things in this upcoming saturday, i will post the pics as soon as i get off my ass and find my digital.

My friend will be helping me with this, since he has done this before in his cars. so he is a little experienced.

Cool

I installed the APC gauges on my old Integra (the precursor to the subie I just hapily purchased) with LITTLE ease. That install was a pain in the behind, mainly due to the fact that the instructions were not really in English.

How is this install? Are the instructions decent? Is all the required wiring included for the WRX? Any answers would be fantastic.

Last edited by jonowrx; 08-12-2002 at 10:08 AM.
    vrooooom

The install on the rex is pretty simple, so much so that Vivid Racing didnt send me instructions with mine. You just remove the parts of the instument cluster one at a time, all the screws are the same size - so just dump them all together. Then you slide the gauges over the needles. You can bend them a fair amount.

For power, I reccomend tapping the wiring harness from the clock. I removed my clock to put the remote display for the Valentine 1 in its place, so i was able to just cut the harness and splice the wires together. The pink wire with blue trace is your switched power, and the black wire is your ground. If you dont want to just cut them, you can just splice into them. Judging by the thickness of the wires from the gauges, i dont think they require much power at all.

Again, feel free to email me if you get stuck, you DONT want to have to buy a new instrument cluster.

Speed safely,

Joe
    merlin916@aol.com
    Mods |

Beautiful. Looks great.

Looks good, especially with the Turbo timer and the cd player to sort of match it. Good Work!

AFC-R?

Hey, NJSubieTech, Is that an Apexi AFC-R ya got down there? How you diggin that? It seems that a lot of people are into the Blitz hardware, but (at the risk of sounding shallow [all show and no go?]) looks-wise, I love the way the Apex hardware looks.
    Last edited by jonowrx; 08-13-2002 at 02:45 PM.
    vrooooom

Re: AFC-R?

Originally posted by jonowrx
    I love the way the Apex hardware looks.
    I have to agree with you on that one...there's just something about that blue!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

sweet

That's a sweet looking interior. Love those gauges! Where are they from?
    Blue '02 Wagon, factory short-throw & boost gauge...more to come...

Ok, Its an AVC-R, Apexi's epectronic boost controller, and Im very happy with it. The install is moderately easy if youve done some electrical work, and you have the vacuum hose diagrams.

The gauge faces are from Vivid Racing.

Speed safely,

Joe
    merlin916@aol.com
    Mods |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast