Reverse Indiglow Gauge Faces - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Reverse Indiglow Gauge Faces within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well i installed mine last night. It was an easy install and took a whole 10 min to do. (My ...

Well i installed mine last night. It was an easy install and took a whole 10 min to do. (My friend is really good at these things.)

I will post pics of the int and ext this weekend after i wash it.

NUSubieTech - Where did you mount your switch? It was kinda big and would like to know where you put yours.

Patrick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: AFC-R?

Originally posted by jonowrx
    Hey, NJSubieTech, Is that an Apexi AFC-R ya got down there? How you diggin that? It seems that a lot of people are into the Blitz hardware, but (at the risk of sounding shallow [all show and no go?]) looks-wise, I love the way the Apex hardware looks.
    same here, i think i'll go for the incrased functionality, better looks, and lower price over the blitz (when i can spare $500)

dR

Hahaha, I sort of fudged the mounting of the switch. I left it just sitting loose behind the kickpanel under the steering wheel. Its sitting so that i can take out the little fuse acess panel and adjust it.

As for the AVCR, I just got MRT's Training the WRX tuning manual - just to get some suggestions from one of the original WRX tuners, and behold - in the first introduction I read that the AVCR is their choice of electronic boost controllers. Nice!

PS - I got mine on a group buy for 400. Not a bad deal huh? If you live around NJ, contact me. Ill try to get you one for less than 500.

Speed safely,

Joe
    merlin916@aol.com
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

OK, i got my guages installed.

Let's see if i can't get the pictures up here now

This is where i mounted the switch.

Patrick

*Edit* God that was a terrible picture. I mounted the switch in the fuse box cover.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rigswitch2.jpg  
    Last edited by 1fastwrx; 08-19-2002 at 07:51 PM.

During the day

Patrick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails daytime1.jpg  

And at night time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nighttime1.jpg  

Nice work with the switch installation. I was thinking about that, but i couldnt figure how to get all the wiring in there, even if i drilled a hole... how did you manage that one?

Im now looking into this company that will allow LED illumination for the needles themselves, which has a really cool effect. Ill let you know how it goes...

speed safely,

Joe
    merlin916@aol.com
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

Hehe, well it's not really mounted in there hard, I just have it sitting in there for now, i am going to cut a big hole in the back of it, and then screw it down, but that wont happen until this weekend

Patrick.

PS tell me about the needle thing, i would love to have that, and if there is a way to get rid of the green on the milage....

SWEEEEEET!!!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Green on the mileage - no way. Its also an electroluminecent screen. I think the idea of the kit is to replace the bulbs that light the needles with LEDs. If anything good comes of it - i will of course let you know.

speed safely,

Joe,
    merlin916@aol.com
    Mods |

Originally posted by 1fastwrx
    During the day

Patrick
    I see you didn't use the power for the clock... where did you plug the power into?
    vrooooom

Well my friend did the install, and i believe he spliced into the parking lights. Should be a pink wire.

Patrick

Question

can someone give me a hand on this where do all the wires plug into?

Originally posted by wrxing
    can someone give me a hand on this where do all the wires plug into?
    TeamShiftPoint installed mine. Send him a PM
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

As it happens i came across a secod set of these - so if anyone wants to pick up a set cheap - contact me privately.

Joe
    joezen916@aol.com
    Mods |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.