squeaky drivers window
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on squeaky drivers window within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When I lower my drivers side window it sometimes squeaks as it starts to go down. It seems to go ...

squeaky drivers window

When I lower my drivers side window it sometimes squeaks as it starts to go down. It seems to go away and come back.

Anyone else have this problem or is it just getting water down there or something. Only 4k miles so Im still picky as hell about **** like that.
    04 JBP WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mine does the same thing , and i got 6000 miles .. I THINK! its normal but dunno , and also one of the motors in the rear window seems weak it makes a like er er er er er noise instead of like a constant one like all the others.
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

I Support ClubWRX
    Clean the window track, especially the front soft black piece where the glass touches at full up position.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Normal. Condition is caused by the silicone and the window rubbing. Tint your windows, abd that should take care of your problem.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Clean the window track, especially the front soft black piece where the glass touches at full up position.
    Will try that.

Heh when my 95 tbird did the same thing I just emptied a can of silicone lubricant spray into the track...worked pretty good except for constant window cleaning for a week. But that was an 8 year old car I wont be doing that this time.
    04 JBP WRX

Originally posted by ej20fan
    Normal. Condition is caused by the silicone and the window rubbing. Tint your windows, abd that should take care of your problem.
    yeah, cleaning worked for a while, but since i tinted, nothing.

Normal, clean it.. dust and smaal rocks get trapped there. If it's big it will ruin your window.

you might want to spray some teflon or maybe silicone stuff on. Make sure you use the right stuff.. I know a guy that sprayed a universal lubricant on a bmw window, and he "never" got it off
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

yeah mine does it too... i think i'll just keep telling myself i need to tint my windows (been wanting to 4 a long time) to fix the prob. that way i'll feel obligated to do it

I have the same problem but I blamed my prob on the window tiniting
    2003 Silver WRX... SOLD
    2002 Honda civic: commuter car
    2007 Acura RDX: wifes car
    MKIV Supra to come this year.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.