High beam, and turning on headlight question

This is a discussion on High beam, and turning on headlight question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wondering if anyone out there has the same problem as me, because when i turn on my headlights or ...

High beam, and turning on headlight question

Just wondering if anyone out there has the same problem as me, because when i turn on my headlights or flash my high beams a few times i hear a little tick on my passenger side. Sounds like it is coming from the ac vent, if i click my head lights a few times i would hear a wierd tick too. I wonder if it is just my car or does this happen to everyones WRX. If not i think i should go to the dealer. BTW this is an 05 model, i recently purchased it in july.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what youre probably hearing are the relays clicking on and off in the fuse box. they have little tabs in them that move back and forth to create the connection, and often make an audible "click" type noise when they're turned on/off

i see, thanks for tellign me

When I first got my '04, it took me a while to get used to all the clicking and ticking from the various relays. It seems like Subaru designed as many relays into the electrical system as they could and then scattered them around the inside of the dash. I got used to it after a while, and I think it helps me keep tabs on things. If I hit a switch and didn't hear a click, I think I'd notice it.
    Gilligan

Yup, clicking is okay. Lets us know that it's still working

My 02 does that too. At first I thought something was wrong with it. I ended taking it to the dealership only to feel really dumb. I'm used to it now though.