mp3 head unit?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on mp3 head unit? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've done some of the basic performance mods and I'm trying to upgrade the stereo system. I'm kinda leaning toward ...

mp3 head unit?

I've done some of the basic performance mods and I'm trying to upgrade the stereo system. I'm kinda leaning toward an mp3-capable stereo - anyone have any suggestions?? Anything I should stay away from??

thx
    2002 - 5 Speed - Blaze Yellow WRX
    Mods - K&N Air Filter, Samco Intercooler Hoses, Prodrive Axel Back, Joe P MBC@16 PSI, Rota Gold 17" Tarmac Wheels with Sumitomo HTR+ 225/45/17 Tires, Momo AirLeather Shifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I had the Sony (don't know the model #) MP3 player in my 4Runner. It was very user friendly, had something like 45w per speaker, and you could scan through different folders on a CD-RW. Also came with a remote. Then only thing, and this isn't a very big thing, is that it would only show like 7 letters of the song title that it was playing. i would have liked to have it display the whole song title.
    Just my .02

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

My friend has the sony mp3 player as well, and i don't know if it is because his setup, or the vehicle he drives, but when he plays mp3 cds it likes to skip around at random, make loud screeching noises, and overall he just listens to the radio.

He has a Jeep Wrangler with 36in tires and a 4 in lift, so i don't know if that plays into the whole thing also. He has gone through two of them to see if it was the head unit or just ****ty quality.

I have had a Kenwood MP3 player for awhile with no problems. For the long song titles it SCROLLS across the display so it shows artist & song from the id3 tag. I like it.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Re: mp3 head unit?

Originally posted by wrxnfx2
    I've done some of the basic performance mods and I'm trying to upgrade the stereo system. I'm kinda leaning toward an mp3-capable stereo - anyone have any suggestions?? Anything I should stay away from??

thx
    PM William who is TeamShiftPoint on this forum. He could get you an awsome deal on most electronic equipment. You got nothing to lose.

Fahd
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

heres mine, I have it hooked up 2 xm radio 2, I love it. Its a pioneer premier dehp-840mp i bealive, something like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mvc-004f.jpg  
    285whp, still pokey as hell, but It has a 6 speed so Its ok

That looks sweet. What kind of CD player is that?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.