60m and Autometer?

This is a discussion on 60m and Autometer? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone managed to fit 60mm gauges into the autometer 3 pod center dash pod? I like the look of ...

60m and Autometer?

Has anyone managed to fit 60mm gauges into the autometer 3 pod center dash pod?

I like the look of the autometer pod, everything else is too ricey. But I need it to fit the new Defi Bf amber gauges that only come in 60mm.

Do you think I could fit them if I did a little dremmel action?

-John
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I haven't done it, but there is very little extra material around the gauge opening (that's the reason I got it - low profile). If you are taking 4mm on each side to go from 52mm to 60mm I think you'd run out of material.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

Originally posted by 04blkWRX
    I haven't done it, but there is very little extra material around the gauge opening (that's the reason I got it - low profile). If you are taking 4mm on each side to go from 52mm to 60mm I think you'd run out of material.
    Hmm, cuz I want that nice low profile, clean look. The defi pod etc are all ricey IMO. Although I could always make a custom gauge pod, my friends neighbor did all of the FATF(fast n furious) cars so he could do that if it comes to it. Im def gonna be using the Defi Gauges because of how perfectly they match the STI gauge cluster, so I just need a non ricey pod to hold them, and it has to be in the center of the dash, no A-pillar or around gauge cluster, it's too busy looking.

Also, I heard from some people that they actually had use some material to fill in a little bit of extra gap on there autometer pod with there 52mm gauges, which tells me that I might just have enough room. I dunno, I'll have to spend the $ to find out.

Did you have your heart set on the link system? 'Cause the D-Link gauges are orange backlit, 52mm, and considerably cheaper. Of course, the BF are really slick...
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

Originally posted by 04blkWRX
    Did you have your heart set on the link system? 'Cause the D-Link gauges are orange backlit, 52mm, and considerably cheaper. Of course, the BF are really slick...
    Yep the BF in amber are just sick