lcds
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on lcds within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok i am planning on getting some kind of dvd player and this one has that safety feature like unless ...

lcds

ok i am planning on getting some kind of dvd player and this one has that safety feature like unless your e brake (hand brake, or parking brake what ever is called) has to be on to use the lcd. if e brake isn't the lcd will not come out. i heard that you have to ground the e brake wire. what kind of wire and where is this wire located?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

PM TeamShiftPoint. He's an electronics wiz.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

if you pull out the armrest consule (i mean the ENTIRE center thing), there is a pink wire that runs to the parking break handle. that's where i had to attach my turbo timer. it's the same wire you need for the LCD display safety
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Some LCD's only activate when there isn't any motion. Your car literally has to be in park. There are places that will remove the motion chip from the screen for roughly $50 cash and they do it all under the table.
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

Damn HomeliteXL...that avatar of yours scared the bajesus out of me.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Damn HomeliteXL...that avatar of yours scared the bajesus out of me.
    LMAO!

Back on topic - that's a pain in the @$$! Only works in park? Wow, I hope I don't end up with one of those things
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by The HomeliteXL
    Some LCD's only activate when there isn't any motion. Your car literally has to be in park. There are places that will remove the motion chip from the screen for roughly $50 cash and they do it all under the table.
    yeah, some screens like alpine need the bypass, pioneer navigation units and screens, you can just ground the e-brake wire. not need to pay someone to do it.

technically you could just ground the pink wire on the TT. but if someone is able to get into your car while the car is idling, they can put down the e-brake and it wont shut off your car.
    http://go.to/TeamShiftPoint
    William Mai william@teamshiftpoint.com
    --TurboXS UTECS and other TXS parts.
    --Bride and Recaro racing seats
    --APEX'i, Blitz, HKS & GReddy Exhausts, RS*R / Invidia
    --All TEIN Suspensions special pricing.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.