H7 lighting question.

This is a discussion on H7 lighting question. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have the Prodrive headlights. They take H7 bulbs; one for low beam and a second for high beam. I ...

H7 lighting question.

I have the Prodrive headlights. They take H7 bulbs; one for low beam and a second for high beam. I would like to replace the high beam. The standard bulb is a 55w unit made by phillips. I found some 80w H7's by Philips.

My question is, do you all think this might put the OEM wiring in danger of melting? I suspect that a re-wire would be the best thing to do, but I didn't want to undertake the project if the rally spec, 80w units weren't going to be all that much better.
    James

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, if he doesn't like what you have to say, it'll be OK because you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    yes.

Go with VisionPlus or Osram Silverstars.

Both are excellent bulbs

right now, I'm waiting for my set of Osram All-Season H3 from Powerbulbs

Originally posted by tan
    yes.

Go with VisionPlus or Osram Silverstars.

Both are excellent bulbs

right now, I'm waiting for my set of Osram All-Season H3 from Powerbulbs
    Are the Osram Silverstars different from our Sylvania Silverstars? I thought they were one in the same.

...and "yes", you think the H7 Rally I have linked will work fine or "Yes James, you'll fry your wiring with that baby"?
    James

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, if he doesn't like what you have to say, it'll be OK because you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

tan
    yes, the harness won't survive.

The sylvania are tinted to try to achieve the HID look. For the Sylvania Silverstar H7 (I have them), they are not worth the money.

Osram Silverstars compete with VisionPlus

Originally posted by tan
    yes, the harness won't survive.

The sylvania are tinted to try to achieve the HID look. For the Sylvania Silverstar H7 (I have them), they are not worth the money.

Osram Silverstars compete with VisionPlus
    That is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks! I think I will order the Osrams and then look into a different set of driving lights to fit in the OEM location. Are the Hella 500's still a pretty good way to go?
    James