Suggestions for EGT and Turbo gauges
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Suggestions for EGT and Turbo gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i am saving my duckets for a EGT gauge and a turbo gauge. Anyone have any suggestions on a ...

Suggestions for EGT and Turbo gauges

So i am saving my duckets for a EGT gauge and a turbo gauge. Anyone have any suggestions on a brands, styles, or sizes of gauges? Any advantages vs. disadvantages? I am also looking into a pod of some sort. Not sure if i would like a pillar style, or maybe the Defi pod that replaces the clock on my dash. I've seen the guages that mount on the steering column and kinda like those. Anyways, i appreciate ya'll taking the time to give give your two cents.

Peace,
    nick.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

IMO the a pillar pods are the easiest to look at while still paying attention to the road. But they do stand out a lot. Good or bad that's your opinion.

As far as gauges, I'm a cheap ass so I go with VDO boost and EGT. VDO from what I'm told is factory in some higher end cars like Porsche. Also a perfect match with the factory gauge clutster.

I have the lotek pillar. With autometer sport compact boost, egt, and oil temp gauges. Love them all. And matches the stock gauges too.
    It's never fast enough

IBTM

I agree with MAD about the less flashy affordable gauges. From the cars I have seen, I like the clock replacement the best (looks). Although the pillar is safer to glance at.

svc
    I have 52mm Greddy's and love em. 3 are in the Autometer dash/clock pod, and two are in the Autometer Bezel pod around the factory gauge cluster. All positioned very well. Here's the only pic I have...
    (the left column gauge isn't a Greddy, it's an odyssey air temp gauge.)

edit: are these for the supra or do you have a rex too?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauges.jpg  
    sammAy!

Wow, thanks for everyones quick response. I'm putting these gauges in a 2004 rex. Anyone heard anything about defi pods? Just talked with a buddy who says he hates his cluster that sets in the dash. He says he wants his clock back. I think i would miss my clock also. Hmm.....

I don't care for the defi pod, personally. It's a little too gawdy. The autometer is a lower profile and that is what I prefer. The Defi gauges are nice though
    James

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, if he doesn't like what you have to say, it'll be OK because you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

svc
    I missed the clock too...my solution: rewire it someplace else
    You can't see it in that picture, but I spliced in about 5 feet of wire and moved it up to the headliner, right by the map lights.
    sammAy!

You need red Defi gauges to look like a spaceship

Zem
    I was about to suggest Greddy to match your stock gauges, but then I saw you're 04... so you've got cool needles... jerk.

I now have Apex'i EL system. I...uhhhh... can't really suggest it unless you want red needle on blue backlight. It's good stuff, but damn expensive.

Figure what color you want... figure what size. If you want to go around the steering wheel, that will be 52. If you want a Defi gauge pod, 60. The autometer holds 52... and there's a few other center gauge pods that will hold 52 or 60. The Defi does NOT hold 52mm, even though some people say "oh, yeah, I made it work..." that's crap. They're lying.
    Let justice be done though the heavens should fall.
    -John Adams

Defi gauges rock.

here is a pic of them in my old wrx, they are now in the sti. the color does not match the sti dash, but they still look good imo.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cnstma...&.dnm=0fa0.jpg

close up of the defi pod. the only thing that sucks about the pod is that you have to paint it. it comes primered.
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cnstma...&.dnm=e700.jpg
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

Went with Omori Gauges

I went with a little more unassuming center gauge cluster that is offered by WRXtra .

It looks OEM, has a pretty low profile, and holds 52mm gauges.

I went with Omori gauges because of their OEM look, (they offer two different lines, (for the 2002-2003 and for 2004-).

I got mine from RallySportDirect .

I just received both the cluster and gauges last week. Both the cluster and the gauges are top notch and match my interior perfectly. I heard that the backlight color is a little off, but I can live with that.

04 Gauges

02-03 Gauges

The only downside is that they are rather expensive.
    The cluster runs about $120 and the gauges are about $170 a piece. But they do come with all the sensors and everything you need to install them.
    03 Black WRX
    Cobb AP Stage 2
    ScoobySport D/P, M/P, JDM STI U/P, Samco Hoses
    Greddy Evo2 Catback
    Cibie Oscar Driving Lamps

i like the A-pillar mounts personally.....and i went with the Greddy EGT...i like that it has a max hold function so i can see the highest reading through a WOT runn insdead of watching the gauge durring the run and alos the set point warning function is nice
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

I gotsta go with the Blitz BLM gauges because I think they are teh sexy personally. i set them up in the Defi Gauge hood. Here are a couple quick pics.

07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

Originally posted by Cavadini
    [B]I gotsta go with the Blitz BLM gauges because I think they are teh sexy personally. i set them up in the Defi Gauge hood. Here are a couple quick pics.
    Yeah - I gotta get these - the blue is fantastic.

Got an URL where I can buy?

-MH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.