Problem with Door locks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Problem with Door locks within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I still cant figure out my problem with my locks I have striped my whole car and still cant figure ...

I still cant figure out my problem with my locks I have striped my whole car and still cant figure it out. I need a wiring diagram of all the door lock info please. Also if anyone knows what the black and yellow wire into the intagrated moduel is about I would like to know that because mine is cut thanks for all the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    The black and yellow wire is connected to the starter. Most likely to run/trigger a ignition controlled door lock/unlock. (only for 02's)
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

So the 2002's have an auto-unlock feature when the key is removed from the ignition? News to me.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I'm not sure which wire you're referring to, but the only black and yellow wire , meaning black with a yellow stripe, in the vehicle is connected to the starter. So unless the wire is yellow with black stripe, I can only tell you that it is connected to the ignition, and only in 02's. I know this is strange, as mine does not automatically lock the doors when I turn the ignition. I'll have to check next time I see my car again. It's been parked and then in the shop for almost 3 months now. This info is from Directed Electronics, they provide vehicle printouts with wiring information for dealers. if you could provide a pic, that would help. I'm intrigued and would like to get to the bottom of it.

You wouldn't be planning a road trip out to my hood now??? I'd check it for free if you came around.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

The wire is yellow with a black stripe. Just to confirm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12