Got rid of the damn stock stereo :)

This is a discussion on Got rid of the damn stock stereo :) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The stock "upgraded" system just wasn't doing it for me. I decided to take it up a bit. This is ...

Cool Got rid of the damn stock stereo :)

The stock "upgraded" system just wasn't doing it for me. I decided to take it up a bit. This is what I've got:

Deck: Alpine CDA-9827
    Front: Boston Acoustics FS60 (6.5" mid, .75" tweeter)
    Back: Boston Acoustics RX47 (4" mid)
    Sub: Boston Acoustics Generator 10"
    Power: Rockford Fosgate P4004 (1200W max) for the speakers, Rockford P2002 (600W max) for the sub.
    [Edit]
    Other: Dynamat door panels, and a bass controller on the center console.
    [/Edit]

It's loud and clear

I might take pictures of the trunk, that's the only place where anything interesting is happening. The amps + sub take up a lot more room than I expected. The prices we pay to have decent music on our commute
    Last edited by houdini; 08-14-2004 at 10:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    How'd that mid fit?? I just became a Boston Dealer, and have not used their line yet. Most mids require mounting against the rear of the front panel, and/or moving the window rail. Did you encounter any problems? Let me know as I'm interested in any speaker that easily fits a WRX/STi.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Well, I had it installed (yeah, I suck), so I'm not sure. I think that it just fit in.

You're a Boston dealer? I should have known that before I spent all this money on some ****s here

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Filled out the forms on Wednesday, and am waiting for my first shipment.

I'm a dealer for, Kove Audio, Hart Audio, MB Quart, Xtant, Audison, Focal, Dynaudio, Diamond Audio, JL Audio, MTX, Rockford Fosgate, Pioneer, Kenwood, Clarion, Audiocontrol, Dual, Valor, Newvision, SW Vision (my own line), Eigervision, AudioVox, Performance Teknique, Blaupunkt, Soundstream, Lightning Audio, DHD, Hifonics, Cifford, Viper, Precision Power, Orion, Viper Audio, MMATS.... and I'm sure I missed a few.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    It's like.....If you've heard of it, I'm most likely a dealer for it.

BTW, how much did that endeavor run you, and where did you take it?? You can PM me if you feel embarrased.

*sigh* too much, if I include how much hassle it's been (see my post in the Aftermarket Vendors forum)... About $1400. That's the "market" (Crutchfizzle) price for all the serious components, with the small stuff (wire, sub box, etc) thrown in for free.

If I have any more trouble with the ****s who installed it, I'm going to tell them to take it back and buy replacements from you. Even if you're as abusively expensive as Crutchfield, you suck less than AE.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I hate to rub it in bro .....but.... I beat Crutchfield prices and kill their service. Not to mention, I drive a WRX, meaning that I know all the pains you guys feel.

Originally posted by ej20fan
    I hate to rub it in bro .....but.... I beat Crutchfield prices and kill their service. Not to mention, I drive a WRX, meaning that I know all the pains you guys feel.
    Got an online catalog? I might be checking you out cause I occasionaly shop Crutchfield. They don't know squat about Rexes.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Check my Vendor listings, or PM me for anything specific you don't see listed.

Originally posted by ej20fan
    Check my Vendor listings, or PM me for anything specific you don't see listed.
    thanks

Yeah... I really wanted to do it locally, because I'm a tard. They quite effectively abused me of that notion.

It still doesn't work right... I think the smaller amp is bad. Going to kill someone.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Originally posted by houdini
    Yeah... I really wanted to do it locally, because I'm a tard. They quite effectively abused me of that notion.

It still doesn't work right... I think the smaller amp is bad. Going to kill someone.

You should start with the owner of Al & Ed's, then Indoaudio, and then crutchfield.