Console Cover

This is a discussion on Console Cover within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm a newbie, so pardon my question if it's too basic. I just got a new wrx about 2 months ...

Console Cover

I'm a newbie, so pardon my question if it's too basic. I just got a new wrx about 2 months ago and I want to install the security system upgrade (living in NY, NY, I need a basic one because if they want to rip off my car they're probably pros and I probably won't want it back), and the instructions are really great EXCEPT how to remove the console cover (the cover above the parking brake). Can anyone explain to me how to do this without destroying the cover? The service manual says theres some hook pawls and clips to remove, but I'm not sure if I really need a special tool to do this or if there's a simple to get the cover off.

Thanks,
    Rich E

PS-First time new car owner and I LOVE this car. Still not so great on the clutch, but hey, it's meant to be replaced, right? ;-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there arent any acrews in that area. stick a flat screwdriver in the crevise and lift gently. while you at it move that box out of there!
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Right, I wouldn't use a screwdriver though, as you could mar and scratch the console. Reaching inside the parking handle hole, gently give it a few firm tugs, and it'll pop right off.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.