Got my system installed...day later it blows!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got my system installed...day later it blows!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i've had system sitting in my room for about 3 months just because i never got around to buying ...

Angry Got my system installed...day later it blows!!

So i've had system sitting in my room for about 3 months just because i never got around to buying a box or getting it installed right...Well i finally made it around to getting everything finished and had circuit city intall it for me. Well apparently when i started driving the box was too light and just started moving all in my trunk and snapped a wire when it scooted to far. I tried to plug it back in, and whada ya know, it blew. I'm freakin pissed, should circuit city cover this??? or am i gonna have to get another one from infinity
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well it sould have a fuse on the wiring or specially the amp part it's self. check that fuse before doing anything. as that is likly the problem. then get that thing mounted down or held some how. the install place should have done that with that sub. I would make a stink there first.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

cnk
    You tried to plug the sub back in with the system running? That's a no-no. Whatever ends up happening, either find a way to secure the sub from moving around or make sure there's enough slack in the wiring for the box to shift around without pulling any wires.

Calvin

See i thought that they would do something to mount it too. I mean it's only one 12 it's obvioius its not heavy enough too move around just sitting there. no, it wasn't while it was running the car was off, but somehow it still sparked.

And i just noticed my sub is not even connected to the voice coil anymore.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

Umm... if your sub ripped off the voice coil, you blew your sub. A wire ripping out shouldn't do that. Can you give specifics on the system? Did you make sure the resistance from the wiring wasn't too low?
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    sounds like you made woofer flambeau.

Where did you buy the woofer from?? CC is not likely to cover the product if it was not purchased from them, they'll blame your merchandise, not their install.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

He's right. I used to work there.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Yeah I could tell the second i saw it the thing was blown. I didnt check the resistance, i had only driven it a total of 15 minutes before it blew. I think i might of had the battery on but not the car and plugged it in. Do you think that would blow it? Yeah i've found out CC are very stubborn and lazy. I went back and the guy said he fixed it but all he did was change it back to stock bass, and thought i wouldn't notice a difference.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

Plugging it in with the battery running should not blow a sub. Either you were running too much power through it, your resistance was wrong, or the sub was defective. The manufacturer should replace it. I installed a system in my friends car, we blew 3 amps and 2 subs, and they replaced every one of them for free.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Remind me not to hire you at my shop.....J/K.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Originally posted by Blue2004WRX
    Plugging it in with the battery running should not blow a sub. Either you were running too much power through it, your resistance was wrong, or the sub was defective. The manufacturer should replace it. I installed a system in my friends car, we blew 3 amps and 2 subs, and they replaced every one of them for free.
    Did you have the reciets? Finding that is a whole other story , i got the sub around 3 months ago.. so who knows where it is
    04' RSX Type S, Milano Red

Willing to race, from rolls only

cnk
    Originally posted by Blue2004WRX
    It shouldn't, but it never hurts to make sure all power is cut and there are no possibilities of shorting out or arcing. In any case, I would take it back as there's no reason for it to blow so quickly.

Calvin

Well i ended up going to ultimate electronics and buying another one while i wait to see what was going to happen at circuit city. I got the dual voice coil version ,just incase, and took it home and installed it. Sounds even better than before!! As far as CC goes, i'm just going to fit about them not bracing it.

Originally posted by i VTEC 2 much
    Did you have the reciets? Finding that is a whole other story , i got the sub around 3 months ago.. so who knows where it is
    ^^^oh, and that post was me on my buddies computer.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

Originally posted by ej20fan
    Remind me not to hire you at my shop.....J/K.
    Hahah funny. Yes, we kept the receipts, and no, it wasn't our fault. We honestly just got that many messed up parts. Quite a coincidence. We wired it perfectly.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    It's all right. I've flagged you as a "Do NOT sell ANYTHING to this individual".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.