push button starter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on push button starter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey i found a push button started that replaces the stock cig lighter. i don't use the lighter and i ...

push button starter

hey i found a push button started that replaces the stock cig lighter. i don't use the lighter and i know i can't be the only one who thinks a push button start would be cool.
    http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts....bcategoryid/47
    no car ( snif snif )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

or you can try their site at
    http://www.ignitedperformance.com/index2.html
    no car ( snif snif )

Not exactly the same thing but my dad installed push button starts on a couple of Saab 900 turbos we have a few years ago. He put them under the bottom of the steering column, kinda stealthy so only you know it's there but you just push and start, pretty cool though... i like the idea of actually being able to see it...
    It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car...

Put the Ignited button in my rex, fit perfect, works great!

Joe
    My other vehicle has 4000 HP @ 950 RPM !

Originally posted by silvercharged
    Put the Ignited button in my rex, fit perfect, works great!

Joe
    Which one did you buy? Was it from either of the sites above? I'm thinking thats a cool novelty piece for $70!
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

Nah, I dont think its worth $70 especially if your on a tight budget.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

campbell - I bought the red illuminated push button (red button w/ chrome bezel) I bought it online from Options Auto Salon and I think I paid about $66.00 for it...

Nexus6 - You're right, it is a bit of unnecessary bling for $70.00, but having fun with these cars is what it's all about, right?

Joe

Hey I think it's a cool idea...as long as the quality is there.

Silvercharged,

Can you give us some details on the installation? And in hindsite, would you go w/ a different color?
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

i got the blue one. but i haven't installed it yet cus i'm waiting till i pull my stereo and put my new lcd and dvd in. i was gonna put the dvd down where the cig lighter was but now i have to find a diff place. i was thinking about taking the clock out and putting it there. is that too hot of a spot for a dvd tho?
    no car ( snif snif )

DJTIC003,

why would you put a monitor and dvd player in your car? Is it for the passengers to watch movies during long drives? Makes sense in minivans w/ kids, but I never understood it in cars...I always thought that would be too distracting....UNLESS, it's to hook up a Playstation to play during traffic (dangerous still), but WAY cool.
    BTW, I think the dash would get pretty hot...unless there's ashield of some kind. I'd love to see pics of the final set-up...
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

If anyones interested, I found the push button starter on Ebay for $23. Heres the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1852447092
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

well actually the moniter will be for a playstation eventually. but the dvd is to replace the cd player and add a navigation sys. it's also going to be usefull at shows if i have to wait to show my car and will be one of the main interioir mods i'm hoping to score points with. in about five years if i've done enough to my car i plan on showing it off. five years and 5k later it could be in sport compact, import auto craze, or import tuner. maybe even that lame hi rev tuners will see my car. but it's for show mostly and will not be watched or played while driving ( e-brake has to be engaged anyway the way most installers do it). thats also the reason for the start button.
    no car ( snif snif )

A NAv system sounds pretty cool. Thanks for helping me understand.

Hope your plans for show-room greatness works out.

dan.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

QuickSilver - Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, man, I'm working too much! Anyway, the switch is very heavy duty, although it doesn't have to be, since full starter amperage is taken through the starter relay, not the switch.
    The switch comes apart (sort of like how a tail light bulb comes out, turn and unlock) so, once you've removed the lighter, you put one part behind the lighter hole, and the bezel and lens assy in front of the lighter hole and just "click" them together. It's a perfect fit.
    As far as the wiring goes, I took the starter wire off the ignition switch, (it's easier than it sounds) extended it, and ran it to the push button switch. Since the starter will work off ANY 12V supply that's on when the ignition (key) switch is on, I just tapped the power off the lighter (it's only on when the ignition is on) and ran that to the switch. No need to run power from the fuse box or anywhere else, the lighter wire is right there. The ground for the push button I also took from the lighter circuit, it's right there! The power for the push button light I took right from the ashtray light, again, it's right there!
    I picked the red only because it's "traditional" I guess, and all the other cars that use this kind of switch (S2000, Aston Martin) use a red starter button. It's a cool mod, and the car feels much, much faster......

Joe

Hey, Thanks a lot for the detailed install directions. I appreciate it...still thinking about the location (I may need that lighter area to recharge my phone or a laptop). The fit does sound perfect, though.

In All, it is a cool mod that's also low budget.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.