push button starter - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on push button starter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If you need the lighter socket, there's also the Zerosports push button starter which mounts in the dash next to ...

If you need the lighter socket, there's also the Zerosports push button starter which mounts in the dash next to the cruise control switch, it supposedly has a harness that plugs right into the factory wiring, install takes about 5 minutes. About $900.00, I think they have them at Vivid racing....Check the car parts review forum over at i-club for details...
    My other vehicle has 4000 HP @ 950 RPM !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oops! $90.00 not $900.00
    Oh well, back to work.........

s2000

You can buy the actual button used in the s2000 from hparts.com for $35.
    Red Rex Sedan 5 Spd
    - Tinted Windows, BEL 980
    - Hell of a list, ain't it?

So you still have to put the key in the ignition and turn it halfway?

Then press the starter button?

Yeah I think you have to turn it to ON and then push in the button. So it does not add any convenience, it actually makes it harded to start the car....but damn isnt it cool?
    Red Rex Sedan 5 Spd
    - Tinted Windows, BEL 980
    - Hell of a list, ain't it?

yeah but yuo can still start the car by turning the key all the way also. u don't have to use the button all the time. it's just a cool int mod that adds some character to the car. but unless you some how mess up the install and cut the ignition (or do it on purpose) from the key switch you don't have to use the button all the time. and it lights up too. hehe
    no car ( snif snif )

You do have to put the key in and turn it to the ignition position before you press the button to start the car.
    If it was wired through the push button switch only, any bozo could get in the car to start it, and you'd have to keep your finger pressed on the button all the time, just to keep the ignition on and the car running!

The key provides security for the car and the 12V to all the systems
    The button starts the car........

yeah that's what i just said. but when u use the button u just turn the car on and push the button for ignition. or u can turn the car on the regular way. i was stating that unless you screw something up or find a way to cut the key switch ignition, u can still start the car with just the key and not always have to use the button.
    no car ( snif snif )

am i wrong? i thought that yuo could still start the car without using the button and just using the key. u just had to turn the key to where the car would run and then push the ignitions button to start that way. ???? please correct me if i'm wrong.
    no car ( snif snif )

I guess you could wire them both together, but why have both, as the push button is there to replace the function of turning the key all the way to the start position....I wouldn't worry about the push button failing, as ,at least the one I have, is a very heavy duty switch, and the button doesn't take the high amperage of the starter current anyway, the starer relay does.....I've personally had no issues with mine, it works great, looks good, and I think it's pretty cool......

yeah i c what ur saying. i was under the impression that u didn't have to disconnect the key started in the firt plsce tho. i thought the button was just an add on for novelty purposes as it's not concealed. thanks for the in info. i just reread ur install description and i understand what you mean. thanks
    no car ( snif snif )

Does this come with a matching lighted exhaust tip? (hides)

C'mon, guys, really, a push button starter?

jb

I did this for my other vehicle. Its the S2000 BRB (big red button).
    http://miata.cardomain.com/member_pa...=174180&page=6

Slicky

SlicksterV...that's sweeeet

Hey I love that look, especially when lit up. It makes the center panel different from all the rest. I like the extra gauges too, but the whole set-up might have a difficult time finding a home on the WRX (I'd hate to part ways w/ my stereo). I can't imagine where I'd put that.

For curiousity sake, can you post cost and difficulty of the install?

I'm all for making the driving experience unique, performance -wise and coolness-wise (but not so much into looking too different on the exterior).

dan.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

There are instructions of how to install the BRB for Miata.
    Here is one.
    http://www.angelfire.com/mac/brb/brbindex.html
    Cost is about $50. $30 for the button, $3 for the relay, the rest is for wire, connectors & misc parts.
    It is actually pretty easy to do. You just have to figure out the wiring for the WRX & you can use the same instruction.
    Slicky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.