2 12in to much(subs)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2 12in to much(subs) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In a small 2002 subaru wrx will 2 12in diamond audio subs be way to much or what...

2 12in to much(subs)

In a small 2002 subaru wrx will 2 12in diamond audio subs be way to much or what
    Traces of day

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't know.. It all depends on your amps and sub box I guess.. Not that much your car..

I plan on running 2x10" in mine...
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

I had two 12" guys in the trunk and it was nice and loud but I couldn't justify the extra weight for the second driver, plus bigger box. I'm back to one 12" now.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

that amount of base will shake the suby's screw's loose.

1 high quality 10" is more than enough in this car.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Originally posted by dark_rex
    that amount of base will shake the suby's screw's loose.

1 high quality 10" is more than enough in this car.

Urban myth. I call BS. No offense man.

Your car gets more vibrations from road irregularities than your sub. If this were true, your rims , doors, seats and anything with a bolt or screw should fall off your car periodically.

Two 12" is pretty loud, but you can buy ONE really good woofer, and build a good box, save weight, money, sound better and be louder.

Let me know what your budget is and I'll send you a Kick-a$$ woofer with the spec's of BASS-PRO on how to build the box.

Claudiu, Sales Manager 'Soundwaves' Van Nuys, LA
    (818) 787-7166
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

i had a kenwood 650 watt amp and 2 12' mtx's on the stock head unit and it was WAY to much. great for like for people hearing you 3 blocks down, id go with 1 12'.

edit. i heard as much rattle as i heard bass

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    I have a JL 10W6V2, powered by a JL Audio 500/1 and I think that's perfect...

I couldn't justify more than that...
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

I had one twelve infinity for about 13 hours, it sounded awesome(until it blew), not weak but not to much.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.