Need some creative ideas on this one... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Need some creative ideas on this one... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK, switched up my lighting scheme one last time. Now I've got it exactly how I want it: an LED ...

OK, switched up my lighting scheme one last time. Now I've got it exactly how I want it: an LED in each vent, two LEDs in the compartment below the head unit, and two bulbs illuminating the switch area. Here are two pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails withflash.jpg  
    Brandon
    '11 WRX 5-Door, Dark Gray Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here's the same pic but without the camera on flash. The pic makes it look worse than it is... there's no painful glares or anything.. but at least the pic will give you an idea of what it looks like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails withoutflash.jpg  
    Brandon

Originally posted by hamz01
    Yes, the lights are quite bright, but they aren't distracting while driving surprisingly. The car really has a lot of green going on, especially with the floor neons, too (pics here). I don't know if I like the configuration now though... I'm thinking of ditching the lights in the compartment under the head unit (cuz the head already has green lighting) and making the illumination of the switches better... right now theres just a tiny LED sitting there that shoots a narrow beem upward and looks like im spotlighting the air conditioning control, lol. I'll keep posting pics.

P.S. here's how I originally had it set up. I'm going to go back to a set up along these lines but hide the lights by the switches so I have a nice glow there.
    Yeah, I remember seeing when you first posted those pictures. You did one of the cleanest neon installs I've ever seen lol.

Originally posted by iMP|2EZiONS
    Yeah, I remember seeing when you first posted those pictures. You did one of the cleanest neon installs I've ever seen lol.
    Thanks a lot man, I try real hard to keep it all clean and neat. To me, that can make the different between nice and rice. I prefer not to be the latter, though some would say I am anyway lol but I don't mind .
    Brandon

My friend and I built a clear panel to hold the switches, and I've got all my lights set up the way I want them. I'll take some pics tonight and post them.
    Brandon

Actually, I think it would be kinda' cool if you cut a piece of aluminum (or even wood) to your desired shape, then cover it in leather that would match the color and texture of the dash (or the shifter knob/boot).

Just another idea! It looks good so far!
    -Lee

not a big fan of neon but a brushed aluminum piece would look nice. Know anyone in a shop or metal working class?
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

svc
    I really like all the lights you got going Mainly since your installs look super clean. And I admit, I have underbody lights and strobes on my car

This is just an idea, but I think it would be pretty classy to see a piece of mirror glass with the switches mounted through it. Impossible to curve, but you could probably find a glass shop to get it cut, etc. I bet they might even have some crazy one way mirror glass you could put more lights behind. Hmmm....
    sammAy!

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Originally posted by svc
    This is just an idea, but I think it would be pretty classy to see a piece of mirror glass with the switches mounted through it. Impossible to curve, but you could probably find a glass shop to get it cut, etc. I bet they might even have some crazy one way mirror glass you could put more lights behind. Hmmm....
    Thats actually a great idea. I had a buddy with a pimped out VW Golf. In the trunk, he had all custom fiberglass enclosures. The amp was behind a one-way piece of glass with some blue LED's behind it. With one flip of a switch, the LED's turn on and the amp was lit up all cool like. I miss that car.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12