Subaru WRX Forum banner

12v source?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Steve in MN 
#1 ·
i am making my own ic sprayer from parts around the house, and i have a 12v pump but i don't know where to get a power lead from. i am going to mount it in the cabin, so i can't use anything from the engine bay. i was wondering if anybody could guide me to a good location.

and i would like some ideas on mounting a water tank, i was thinking water bottle sort of thing where i can fill with cold water and ice and use that inside the car, but then i was thinking tank in the trunk. anybody do something like this before?

#3 ·
Try this:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605786&highlight=radar+detector

this is the picture I used for hardwiring my Passport. The blue connector is tapped into the primary 12v wire from the fuse box.

If you remove the dash section (three screws) you will see this at the top of the fuse box. I don't remember if you can get at it w/o removing the dash piece.

Work perfect for me.

#5 ·
I'm not a 100% sure, but I think I was told it is the main 12v power coming into or out of the fuse box. Probably into. I can't find the original thread that I used to do my install.

It works great for the hard-wire on my Passport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.