03 STI cluster question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 03 STI cluster question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just picked up an 03 STI gauge cluser from Japan and have a question. Is there any way I ...

03 STI cluster question

I just picked up an 03 STI gauge cluser from Japan and have a question.

Is there any way I can change the odometer to read what my current odometer reads? I have access to an EEPROM reader/programer.

I know there are a few companies that will do this for me but it is rather expensive to have them do it.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    if you ever plan on reselling your car youre going to have to get it done by someone and get all the paperwork stating that you did this legally. but if you have the ability to do it yourself, then go for it.

edit: what price quotes did you get?
    woooo

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    I don't know how modded your car is, but if you've still got any of the factory warranty left it will be voided because the tach shows RPM redline at 8k. Just an FYI.

I'm getting an 04 STi cluster swap done at the dealership cause they can jot down the miles on the new cluster and have that in their records. This way, the true mileage doesn't become unknown.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

No quotes yet, just seen prices listed at around $200 or so.

My car is modded beyond the warrantee already.

Im not too worried about ever selling the car. If I can change the STI cluster then I can also change the stock cluster so that it reads the correct mileage.

I guess its not that expensive. I talked to the guys at www.tacomaspeedometer.com and it will cost me $65 + shipping to and from the place. I would also have to get a mileage statement from the DMV and send it with the cluster.

Lastly, does anyone know where I can get the speedo face from an 04 USDM sti cluster? I can do the KPM conversion in my head but sometimes Im lazy and just want to see it.

wouldn't the miles on the cluster roll up in KPH anyway?? so even if you had it set to what you have on your car now, it would roll up faster because it would be rolling KPH and not MPH

Thats true. DOesn't matter to me much though. Its easy to convert it.

I am going to try to swap in my stock odo into the sti cluster or copy the EEPROM on my cluster and reprogram the STI cluster. They use the same EEPROM chips. Chances are the whole assembly is the same.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.