Autometer boost gauge

This is a discussion on Autometer boost gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a Autometer mechanical boost gauge, it measure 30vaccum/20psi. It come with the "T" fitting and vaccum hose. Can ...

Question Autometer boost gauge

I have a Autometer mechanical boost gauge, it measure 30vaccum/20psi. It come with the "T" fitting and vaccum hose.

Can I hook up as same as the factory boost gauge, just run the vaccum hose to the bov??????????
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Autometer boost gauge

Originally posted by AUTO228
    I have a Autometer mechanical boost gauge, it measure 30vaccum/20psi. It come with the "T" fitting and vaccum hose.

Can I hook up as same as the factory boost gauge, just run the vaccum hose to the bov??????????
    You could if the old hose is the same inner diameter as your new hose from Autometer. Visually look at them side by side and then make your decision. If you use different sized hosing with your new gauge, it may not read correctly.

The hose from the autometer is smaller than the hose connected to the bov!!!! Is it a problem????
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

The hose from the autometer is smaller than the hose connected to the bov!!!! Is it a problem????
    most people i know go down to local hardware stores and just buy a couple of fittings that can be connected to make a 1/4" to 3/8'" conversion tee. Well, not too sure of the size of the hoses because i was lucky and found a universal tee that could be trimmed down at the ends at a local auto store. My measurements could be wrong but my universal made the installation a heck of a lot easier.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just use the hardware that came with the Autometer gauge. If you need to, tape the new hose to the old hose and pull the old hose back out towards the motor. That will pull the new hose out of the same hole and you won't have to fiddle with trying to put in the new hose and get under the dashboard and what not.

Don't take shortcuts by using the old hose. If you use smaller ID hose, you will not get correct boost readings. They will not be accurate.