02 rear hatch on a 04 = no radio
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 rear hatch on a 04 = no radio within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This is a bit of an odd story but I'll be brief: a friend of mine (owns an auto body ...

02 rear hatch on a 04 = no radio

This is a bit of an odd story but I'll be brief:

a friend of mine (owns an auto body shop) installed a '02 wrx rear hatch on my '04 wrx (my car was rear ended ). everything looks great tho, and he saved me a lot of money by going with a used part. this car is the '04 wrx hatchback not a trunk.

but, i now have no radio reception... i think that the '04 rear window had a radio in the glass, whereas it looks like the '02 does not. is this true?

or is it as simple as the shop has not connected the ant. wire somewhere?

if its an issue where the 02 glass has no antenna, what are my options for getting the radio back. install an external antenna? or just have the glass replaced with '04 glass? (the latter will be $500 or so)

thanks all. mergs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah, your antenna is in your glass. the 02's have a ghetto manual antenna by the drivers side that you have to reach out and pull up.

you can get an external antenna or get an 04 glass, either way is gonna cost you money, find out for yourself which is best.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

You can get stick on antennas.. it's a thin wire on tape. Supposed to be to replace window antennas, but you could drop your headliner and run it there. I put one in my motorhome because I didn't want to drill holes in the outside for an antenna. I taped it inside one of the cabinets. While this might not be 'optimal' it still works pretty good.

hey my manual antenna rocks!!

. . . goes back to put a loaded mp3 disc into the cd player . . .
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

tan
    Maybe install an antenna mast....

http://www.enfig.com/cgi-local/SoftC...html?E+scstore

BTW...which shop did the work?

Next year...when I put a Jetta front end on my car...be nice to know which shops accepts aftermarket parts.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.