Power Windows Auto Down - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Power Windows Auto Down within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I did some google-ing and I managed to find a wiring diagram PDF, but it appears to be an ...

Well, I did some google-ing and I managed to find a wiring diagram PDF, but it appears to be an older model with right-hand drive. Section 2.20 is the power window wiring and section 3.3 is the door wiring. This model had auto down and up, which could be promising. I looks like the front right (driver's side on right-hand drive car) power window motor has the extra wiring built right in. However, I couldn't find the feedback to the power window main switch. The question then becomes, does the 3-wire safety circuit come from the motor or the power window control module on the USDM WRX? Also, does the window motor have the 8-pin connector with the 6 wires that we would need? Time to do some more digging...

Almost forget the link to the PDF: Wiring PDF
    Gilligan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Guys, the DEI 530t will do one touch up or down. It's a simple plug/splice in that is voltage sensitive, meaning that it senses obstruction of the window such as the frame or someone's bodyparts, which is how it determines when to stop driving the window motor. With the time and $$$ invested in hacking the Nissan switch, you could've bought the unit, installed it, and had a lifetime warranty on it.

Just my two cents, but why re-invent the wheel when someone else already did the legwork for you????

Will ship 530t's at $70 + you pay shipping, a piece with necessary wiring diagram.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

it is exactly as said, a relay. i put in only one relay for the front 2 windows. one touch up/down. plus its integrated into my prestige alarm. arming the car rolls the windows up. plus you can vent them or roll all the way down the the alarm key also.

the worst part i thought was the install. the wires going through the door via the circular tube...which is small sucks.
    Black 03' WRX -- Cobb Shifter, Cobb RSB, RSR* TBE, Crucial Up, AP 1
    Chenhan@cyclesector.com - For all your street and track needs. Arai, Shoei, A*, RS-Taichi, etc.

This thread has been dead for about 6 months, but I've recently made some discoveries.

I found a switch module from a 2001 Pathfinder on eBay and bought it. It's got auto up and auto down on both front windows. It's an exact fit for the one in the WRX, even the connector plugged right in without any alterations. The only problem is, nothing worked. None of the windows moved, the power locks didn't do anything, the switch backlighting didn't even come on. I did a little probing with a multimeter and I was able to determine that the pinout configuration is different, but I can't tell exactly what is what.

Here's what I need... I've been looking around on the internet for a wiring diagram for the 2001 Pathfinder, but I haven't had any luck. All I need is the power window and power lock diagrams. Nissan has a tech info site at www.nissan-techinfo.com (similar to Subaru's, I would guess), but I'm not about to pay $20 for two diagrams. If anyone has access to this site or has these diagrams available, I would greatly appreciate a copy of them. In the meantime, I'll have to keep looking.
    Last edited by GilliganLQ; 02-17-2005 at 09:30 AM.
    Gilligan

Sorry I don't have any input, but I've read this thread 6 months ago and all I have to say is....

....can't wait till you figure it out so I can do it too
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

getting a relay/modulator is so much easier.
    Black 03' WRX -- Cobb Shifter, Cobb RSB, RSR* TBE, Crucial Up, AP 1
    Chenhan@cyclesector.com - For all your street and track needs. Arai, Shoei, A*, RS-Taichi, etc.

Good stuff. I was wondering why it didnt auto-up. i mean when i get to a toll booth its not hard to hold down the window to go down, but after i pay i gotta shift and steer, i dont have as much time to hold the button to put the window back up. my RSX had auto-up/down for the driver.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by Phatstud
    getting a relay/modulator is so much easier.
    Looking back on the whole ordeal thus far, yeah, it may have been easier to use the module from DEI. But the point of this whole fiasco was to be able to buy a switch module, unplug the old one, plug in the new one, and you're done. I've got no problem splicing wires, I just like to avoid splicing wires if I can. And like I said before in one of the other two threads that cropped up after this one started, I like having the double detent on the switch.
    Gilligan

Quote Originally Posted by boosted scoob
    Sorry I don't have any input, but I've read this thread 6 months ago and all I have to say is....

....can't wait till you figure it out so I can do it too

here i am even newer and glad people have the same ideas as me. i see that to do 4 windows you spend 200 bucks (which i dont think i could justify), but how about just one...did anyone figure this out, or are we still on the DEI module?

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    here i am even newer and glad people have the same ideas as me. i see that to do 4 windows you spend 200 bucks (which i dont think i could justify), but how about just one...did anyone figure this out, or are we still on the DEI module?
    I bought a switch module that had auto up and auto down on both front windows. The rear windows were just regular up and down. The switch I got off of eBay was from a 2001 Pathfinder I believe. The similarities pretty much stopped there.

The plug is an exact fit, but the pinouts are different from the WRX. Even if I swapped the wires around, I still don't think it would work because I believe the Nissans use an encoder built into the window motor to send a motion status back to the switch. I'm not going to even try pulling my door apart to try swapping the regulator because I don't know if they can be interchanged as easily as the switch.

If anyone out there does want to try this, I still have the Nissan switch and would be willing to sell it to them and I would cheerfully send with it all the info I've collected.
    Gilligan

so besides that module, no auto down for the pass?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.