Labor rates suck!

This is a discussion on Labor rates suck! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so I finally got my STi cluster and i want the dealership to install it so I don't void ...

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar

Labor rates suck!

Ok, so I finally got my STi cluster and i want the dealership to install it so I don't void my warrenty. 3 local dealerships quoted my 2-3 hours at $85-97/hour. To me, that sounds outrageous!! It only takes 15 minutes to swap them out.

Sorry for this rant, but does anybody know if this amount of labor is justified? I doubt they would be using that other hour and 45 minutes to turn off the DCCD light. I think they could just turn it off with the computer they hook the Subarus up to. Stupid warrenty!!!
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Take it to a shop...i.e. not the dealer. Otherwise, put up with their raping and pillaging.

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Originally posted by UR MOTHA
    Take it to a shop...i.e. not the dealer. Otherwise, put up with their raping and pillaging.
    Well, if I take it to a shop, won't my warranty be voided? That really is the only issue I have with this cluster; otherwise I'd just do it myself. If I take it to the dealer, the true mileage will get jotted down in the history of my vehicle file.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

If I remember correctly throwing in the STi cluster yourself does void all warrantys and could potentially hurt resale value with the odometer innaccuracy.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

if youve done any performance mods to your car... go ahead and do it... they should only be at 60 an hour, max 70. Tell them to stop ****in you around... theyre probably so busy rebuilding transmissions to be cool...

save your old cluster, so u can prove that A miles, plus B miles = total miles
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

or have your new cluster changed to display the correct mileage:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...er+sti+cluster
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.