pics of gauges/pod
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on pics of gauges/pod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; now i need help determining what to do with these wires? PLEASE HELP autometer sport comp Gauges-as it lays upside ...

pics of gauges/pod, need help identifying some wires

now i need help determining what to do with these wires? PLEASE HELP

autometer sport comp Gauges-as it lays upside down the gauge on right is the EGT pyrometer, middle is boost controller, and left is oil pressure.
    Questions?
    1. what is the long braided metal wire thing in the 3rd pic used for? what connects to the black wire at the end by the tube thing?
    2. also in the 2nd pic the 2 red wires are short, and do i need to strip and make it longer to connect to a positive? what to use as the positive?
    3. there is a group of black wires, looks to be coming out of the light out of all three, they need to connect to a ground?
    4. also group of white wires out of them all that need to connect to a positive, what to use as positive
    5. theres a blue wire in the 2nd pic off the oil pressure, its long what do i connect that to and use that for?
    6 and last on the long yellow wires that are red and yellow that come out of the EGT, and the probe with the red and yellow do i connect them red and red or red and yellow together, then put heat shrink over them?

AS you can tell i need much help, and i want to try and do this myself, so all the help is very much appreciated!!!
    Last edited by blue03; 07-26-2004 at 11:11 PM.
    mmmm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump..that boost gauge hose you can t in anywhere there is a vac line!

i can T in or i cant T in, ??? i need help i got all the wiring in and ready to put the EGT probe and the oil pressure sender i still need explanations with what to do to that?
    mmmm

Re: pics of gauges/pod, need help identifying some wires

Originally posted by blue03
    now i need help determining what to do with these wires?

Questions?
    1. what is the long braided metal wire thing in the 3rd pic used for? what connects to the black wire at the end by the tube thing?

If you're talking about the oil pressure sender?, the black wire is used to ground the sender.

2. also in the 2nd pic the 2 red wires are short, and do i need to strip and make it longer to connect to a positive? what to use as the positive?

When you install teh pod in the clock location, all the wires you will need are available in the clock's harness

3. there is a group of black wires, looks to be coming out of the light out of all three, they need to connect to a ground?

yes

4. also group of white wires out of them all that need to connect to a positive, what to use as positive

search here and scoobymods, again, you can use the clock harness

5. theres a blue wire in the 2nd pic off the oil pressure, its long what do i connect that to and use that for?

connec that to the pressure sender

6 and last on the long yellow wires that are red and yellow that come out of the EGT, and the probe with the red and yellow do i connect them red and red or red and yellow together, then put heat shrink over them?

red-red/yellow-yellow would be my guess

AS you can tell i need much help, and i want to try and do this myself, so all the help is very much appreciated!!!

*you CAN T the boost line in.
    *put some teflon tape on the galley plug for the oil pressure
    ***make sure to clean the @#$^ out of the exhaust manifold after oyu drill it***
    Last edited by STiREX; 07-30-2004 at 09:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.