Factory alarm question

This is a discussion on Factory alarm question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought my 2000 2.5 RS a few weeks back. The guy I bought it from has the alarm ...

Factory alarm question

I just bought my 2000 2.5 RS a few weeks back. The guy I bought it from has the alarm on silent mode. I was wondering how do I or where do I go to adjust both the sensitivity of the alarm and the loudness of the alarm. I'm assuming there isn't a volume knob, but rather some way to just turn the alarm from silent mode to on mode or something. I hear no chirps or anything that I should be hearing.

Sorry for the newb question, but gotta start somewhere! Thanks for the help.

Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, I think you're right I haven't heard of a volume control. But as I recall, if you press Unlock once, and then press both Unlock and Lock for 2 seconds it enables the buzzer, chirp, beep, honk, whatever you call it. Letting you know that its locked. Hope this helps!

imp2ezions.....Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately that didn't work out for me.

Anyone else haev any suggesitions?

Nick

Damn, well you could try looking at your owner's manual if you haven't already. If you can't find it there I guess you'll just have to take your car to the dealership...Just don't take it to Shortline lol.

Originally posted by iMP|2EZiONS
    Just don't take it to Shortline lol.
    For some reason, that seems to be the general consensos!! Thanks!

I did look in the manual, but I coudln't find anything. I'll look again though.

I found it.

To deactivate or activate the electronic chirp, first unlock the doors by pushing "unlock/disarm", then simultaneously depress "lock/arm" for three seconds.
    An electronic chirp will sound twice and the turn signals lights will flash twice to verify that the audible signal has been turned on or off.

of course this is assuming its the same alarm as my wrx.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

This may sound stupid, but is it possible that it doesn't even have a siren? I checked the engine bay, normally sirens are mounted on the firewall, but I saw none.

So my thought is, it just wasn't equipped from the factory for the alarm. It has the ignition cut off and the red light next to the cruise/fog lamp switch.

Is this a legit thought?

I suppose it is. That would be pretty odd though. Hmm looks like you might have to take it into the dealership. I'll pray for you if you take it to Shortline lol.
    Good Luck!

hahah Tahnks. Maybe if I stop in for an oil filter or something I'll have them take a peak at it.

BTW...I don't live too far from Mike Shah, so that's where I'd be heading to!!!
    2000 Impreza 2.5 RS
    1994 Kawasaki Ninja 500

Nice, lucky you. Fortunatley I live very close to a good Subaru dealership, Heubuger. So whenever I need something it's about a 5 minute drive. Hope everything gets worked out!

Corey