Drivers Size

This is a discussion on Drivers Size within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, this is my first post and I was thinking about getting a 2005 WRX but Im kinda tall so ...

Drivers Size

Hi, this is my first post and I was thinking about getting a 2005 WRX but Im kinda tall so I dont know how ill fit. Im 6'3 and like 220lbs. So do you thinks Ill fit fine, or should I check out another car. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think the best thing to do would be to go to the nearest Subaru dealership and just sit in one. I'm only 5'11" but with the seat all the way back I can't reach the pedels, and head-room is no problem.

One thing to concider is that the back seats are quite limited for leg room. If you have people in the back don't expect to have your seat back how you like it, unless of couse you don't care about their comfort .

My girlfriends brother can't even get into my WRX without breaking something.......he is 7'0" though .
    '02 Sedona Red Sedan
    Stage II, 115k Miles 10/13

You may want to consider the wagon. It has a higher roofline and more interior headroom 39.7 vs 38.6 in the sedan.

Anything is possible when in comes to fitting tall guys in small cars. I have a 6'6" friend who weighs in at 220. I my old Acura GSR he would fit alright. With the seat way way back, tilted all the way back and with the sunroof open. His head popped through like 2 or 3 inches out. And in a 240 sx back seat.. hahahaha... his feet were touching the front dash and he was leaning so far forward that he could grab his ankles. Front seat was tilted forward so no one could ride with us. Stoopid idea putting a giant in the back seat. Nah, you would fit but would be kinda uncomfortable. My best friend is 5'11" and 235 and he just fits comfortably. Any taller and he said it would suck.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Drivers Size

Originally posted by eddy2323
    Hi, this is my first post and I was thinking about getting a 2005 WRX but Im kinda tall so I dont know how ill fit. Im 6'3 and like 220lbs. So do you thinks Ill fit fine, or should I check out another car. Thanks
    I'm 6'2" & 220+ lbs comfortably driving a 2004 WRX. You will fit in nicely unless the 2005s are radically different. Plenty of headroom. I'd like another inch or so of legroom though ...
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 07-23-2004 at 07:45 PM.