trunk switch

This is a discussion on trunk switch within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I went long beach yesterday to surf, and in the middle of the trip I couldn't pop the trunk from ...

trunk switch

I went long beach yesterday to surf, and in the middle of the trip I couldn't pop the trunk from inside the car anymore. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pull hard! that switch is set up bad. you have to change the linkage a bit to get it to work right. just move the bolt that connects to the wire one notch. not a big deal. had the same prob.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Chech the switch on the latch that enables the remote pull.

More info on how to change the linkage please

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Did anyone try the switch yet? It is a little metal switch on the side of the latch. Try that before you adjust the latch.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Did anyone try the switch yet? It is a little metal switch on the side of the latch. Try that before you adjust the latch.
    Werd. As long as I've got the camera out... Trunk lid switch lesson #1... Flip up to disable cockpit trunk release... (This is flipped up)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails switch.jpg  

Sounds like that is the cause. If not... there is a write up on how to adjust the latch if its sticking really bad. Try the disable switch first.

Didn't feel like creating a whole new thread, so I just resurrected this one.

Latch isn't working for me lately, can't pinpoint when it happened, just didn't work one day. I tried as what was stated above... didn't work.

I'm just going to add it to the list of things to fix when I go to the dealer.

Although, my trunk has been hard to open since I've had it (had to pull up on the latch pretty hard) and always had to slam it pretty hard in order for it to close. It never really bothered me, but my friends have commented on it. Is this pretty normal?
    Last edited by Chunks; 10-12-2005 at 09:28 AM.