My shield always fog up at night.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My shield always fog up at night. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I dont get it. I live in FLA, and yes it can get humid but this is rediculous. Everytime I ...

My shield always fog up at night.

I dont get it. I live in FLA, and yes it can get humid but this is rediculous. Everytime I drive with my windows down at night there is always a layer of fog on my windshield. Never happend in my Integra, never happend in 20 other cars ive driven or rode in. The manuel says to fix this the climate control knob should be placed so the air vents from the outside. Done this, helps a little, but still fogs like a mofo. Anyone else experience this?
    '04 Impreza WRX - WRB/Gold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You need a sword to go with your shield.

Newspaper + glass cleaner on inside and outside of windshield.
    www.awdpirates.net

Originally posted by Rancid
    You need a sword to go with your shield.

Newspaper + glass cleaner on inside and outside of windshield.
    '04 Impreza WRX - WRB/Gold

Use newspaper instead of paper towels when you wipe the glass cleaner off. It sounds crazy but try it.
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

Originally posted by GTScoob
    Use newspaper instead of paper towels when you wipe the glass cleaner off. It sounds crazy but try it.
    Interesting....

good car wash place
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    Don't they make some Never-Fog glass treatment kinda stuff...like RainX?
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Originally posted by chanwahyaoh
    Don't they make some Never-Fog glass treatment kinda stuff...like RainX?
    Sure. They make products like that for diver's masks too. I've also seen divers spit in their masks, that works just as good. Try rubbing your grimy spit all over the windshield. lol.

...you may want to check...

Quote Originally Posted by MF-DIF
    I dont get it. I live in FLA, and yes it can get humid but this is rediculous. Everytime I drive with my windows down at night there is always a layer of fog on my windshield. Never happend in my Integra, never happend in 20 other cars ive driven or rode in. The manuel says to fix this the climate control knob should be placed so the air vents from the outside. Done this, helps a little, but still fogs like a mofo. Anyone else experience this?

Check your cabin filter, a.k.a. "interior filtration system".
    It is located behind your glove box. Remove the glove box (relatively easy), and behind it will be the 'box' that contains the said filter, the blower fan is under or above it.
    Take that filter out, enjoy the vast quantity and variety of insect carcases, dirt, leaves, etc., and go to you Suby dealer, dish out $45.00. Install new one.
    The alternatives:
    I have read posts from people who go to Home Depot, buy a high end, accordian style, furnace filter (or A/C filter), cut it to size, and save $30.00.

Why do all this? Often, that filter is clogged up, and it causes your shield to get foggy.
    Subaru recommends changing that expensive b*st*rd every year.

I have had my car since '02, lemme tell you, i finally changed it around 14 months ago, it was NASTY. Take a look at this picture...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails filter.jpg  
    -Blue Ru <Suba>

Quote Originally Posted by robertln
    It is located behind your glove box. Remove the glove box (relatively easy), and behind it will be the 'box' that contains the said filter, the blower fan is under or above it.
    Take that filter out, enjoy the vast quantity and variety of insect carcases, dirt, leaves, etc., and go to you Suby dealer, dish out $45.00. Install new one.
    The alternatives:
    I have read posts from people who go to Home Depot, buy a high end, accordian style, furnace filter (or A/C filter), cut it to size, and save $30.00.

Why do all this? Often, that filter is clogged up, and it causes your shield to get foggy.

I have had my car since '02, lemme tell you, i finally changed it around 14 months ago, it was NASTY. Take a look at this picture...
    man I should check mine out too.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by robertln
    The alternatives:

yeah same here!! I think subaruparts.com has them for like $30...I just ordered one a month ago. When you replace it, if you drop a dryer sheet on top before you put in the new one, you get instant air freshner. I can't believe all that crap gets into the cabin and we breathe it...especially the chunkier bits...I thought I would have noticed.

Invisible air freshner mod:

Also - do you use Armor All? Armor All will evaporate and leave an oily film on your glass that fogs at the drop of a hat. I'd never use that crap.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

damn thats nasty....ive only had my car for a little over a yr but i always drive w/ my windows down...i better check the filter tomorrow
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I have had problems with fog on the outside of the windshield, thought it might have somthing to do with no heat shield after replacing the downpipe. I am now makeing one out of a sheet of aluminium, we will see if that was the cause.

Ok, wow. I really don't even want to look at my filter. I know the guy who owned the car before me didn't change it, and I sure as hell haven't. Oh god.
    2005 CGM STi

I have problems with my windshield fogging up too, it's probably the thing I hate most about the car. Seems like if I put air on the windshield then the outside fogs up, if i take the air off then the inside fogs up. Annoying as hell.
    Andrew

Never quit. Never do the expected. Never follow.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/wrxrolla

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.