Creaky seat?

This is a discussion on Creaky seat? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I notice lately when I lean back into my seat, I hear a "creaky" noise, kinda like leaning into an ...

Creaky seat?

I notice lately when I lean back into my seat, I hear a "creaky" noise, kinda like leaning into an old wooden rocking chair.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It happens. Most people just live with it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

how old is your car?
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

Re: Creaky seat?

Originally posted by VitaminWRX
    I notice lately when I lean back into my seat, I hear a "creaky" noise, kinda like leaning into an old wooden rocking chair.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
    See a Chiropractor

its oe of the seat bolts comming loose..mine came loose like ever 3 months I would take it down the the dealers to fix it, and then I started noticing the creaking anywho now they put a longer bolt in :/ and all I hear is that but if you tighten up the seat bolt(s) it will stop

Which bolt? There are a bunch of them in the seats. Ive tightened all the ones I can find any my seat still creaks.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

slide the seat forward as far as it will go and there should be two bolts under the seat like they slide in the trax, it will be covered in grease (my 2003 was) and I would have to tighten mine from time to time

ya, i noticed my seats started doing that too, i just kind try to ignore it, it might be the bolts lose, try tightening all the bolts under the seat that u can get to but iono if its gonna get rid of the sound. or get aftermarket seats

I have the same problem too. But the bolt broke into 2 when I try to tighten it.........So I had to drill out the bit that got stuck and replace with a longer bolt and with a nut to secure at the other end. I also add a bit of rubber padding shaped like a washer between the frame and the bolt. It would seems the way it was constructed, the railing and the seat bracket is not a perfect fit. As u tighten the bolt as much as possible, u could still see a gap and it is this what caused the noise. Btw the bolt I am referring to the front one. And I thought I was the only one having this problem...hahahaha