Amp mounted on trunk ceiling?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Amp mounted on trunk ceiling? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone tried mounting their amp on the trunk ceiling? I was planning on having mine just sit on the ...

Amp mounted on trunk ceiling?

Has anyone tried mounting their amp on the trunk ceiling? I was planning on having mine just sit on the trunk floor... but I want to get slightly creative; nothing too complicated though. Anyway the thought popped into my head... I'm going to go look at my trunk right now and see if I can run wires up there cleanly.

Thanks for any feedback.
    Brandon
    '11 WRX 5-Door, Dark Gray Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My system is too loud and if I did that I think I would make the amp fall off.
    There's probably a way to do it, but the install will be cleaner and more reliable if you mount the amp somewhere in the trunk bed.
    You'd have to make the wires long enough to reach the amp with the trunk open, and it might be difficult to make it look good.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Yes, you're right. I took a look at the trunk and realized it'd be difficult, but also I just dont think it'd look that good or be anything special. Thanks for the input.
    Brandon
    '11 WRX 5-Door, Dark Gray Metallic

most amps are not designed to work upside down. In fact, the cooling fins on most won't do you any good at all upside down. The cooling fins are used to dissipate the heat, which of course rises upwards.

Most amplifier manuals specifically recommend against this. If you do it, you'll probably find that your amp overheats and shuts off quite often.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.