STi Gauges 04 WRX Install

This is a discussion on STi Gauges 04 WRX Install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was looking into buying the STI Dash Cluster for my 04 WRX. I am wondering what the install for ...

STi Gauges 04 WRX Install

I was looking into buying the STI Dash Cluster for my 04 WRX. I am wondering what the install for something like this would consist of? I did a search but only found vague stuff. Any help I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

heh...funny, i'm doing the same thing since my gauges are messed up...
    it's basically plug and play from what i saw....not everything will workt hough
    FP Green STi

What all is known not to work? I'm just basically looking to make sure everything I have now will work as well as the shift light.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Originally posted by xaton
    What all is known not to work? I'm just basically looking to make sure everything I have now will work as well as the shift light.
    Outside temp display will be stuck at the last temp recorded and the DCCD will be on unless wires are snipped and spliced.

Check out scoobymods.com for further info.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Sorry to Hi-Jack, but can the 04 cluster be used on a 02 WRX. I have one that I got for free, but am hesitant on doing it? Anybody know something about this??
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Originally posted by ej20fan
    Sorry to Hi-Jack, but can the 04 cluster be used on a 02 WRX. I have one that I got for free, but am hesitant on doing it? Anybody know something about this??
    It will work, and I believe it takes the same procedure of wire spliceing that the STi cluster takes to install on the '02-'03's. Unless you want to totally void your warranty, get a dealer to install it.

Around Boulder, all the dealerships have quoted me $200 to install my STi cluster!!
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

update...

i just ordered my sti gauge cluster today and i'll let you know how the install goes....plug and play and i guess i'll figure out whatever else needs to be hooked up to work.
    FP Green STi

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I have the 04 WRX cluster, not the STi one. Sorry about the confusion, but should it plug right in???
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

i'm not sure about the 04 onto the 02...
    you should take a pic of the rear of the 02, then someone with an 04 and take a pic and see if they look the same...

i mean, it's the same...just RPM and MPH switched, but would work the same if it's plug and play...i'm not sure bout that though
    FP Green STi

The 04 WRX will work fine in 02-03.

Where did you get your STI cluster from?

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Originally posted by subieworx

Thanks!!

Originally posted by subieworx

www.subaruwrxparts.com
    FP Green STi