Install of boost gauge into driver's side vent
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Install of boost gauge into driver's side vent within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guys, i tried searching but no luck. i'm trying to find install instructions and pics for the 60mm boost ...

Install of boost gauge into driver's side vent

Hey Guys,

i tried searching but no luck.

i'm trying to find install instructions and pics for the 60mm boost gauge install into the driver's side front vent.

Can you guys lead me to the post?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there is a sticky here somewhere called "post pictures of your gauges". There is one pic of the install you are talking about. I looked all over the place for info on this install and found literally nothing, if you find anything let us all know.
    If you ever go back in time, dont touch anything.

2005 STi
    Cobb Ap Stage Two/ Cobb Suspension Stage one.

Registered User Prosport Gauges's Avatar
    Here is one that was sent to us...

www.prosportgauges.com

the site that used to host the instructions is down,
    http://phast.org/wrx/mods/vent_gauge_install.html

be prepared for a pain in the ass install, i just put the 80mm in my vent, looks awsome but its alot of work.

basically, pull the trim ring out, pull out the console bezel pull out the panel under the column (the one with the switches) pull out the gauge panel, pull out the fuse block, then there are 3 philips screws that hold the eyeball into the dash, another 2 or 3 that hold the tubing that feeds it inplace, 2 of them are easy to get to, the others are a pita... then install the gauge, and bolt it all back up. not difficult just frustrating and time consuming.

where are you located?
    Last edited by longislandwrx; 10-06-2006 at 07:19 AM.
    oops

Not sure why you would go to all the trouble to put a gauge that not only blocks the air but is really way off to the side and takes your eyes way off the road to see it.

personally because i didnt want any pods, cups, consoles, apillers etc. and i wanted that 80mm boost/egt combo. so it seemed like a logical place,

plus the car heats and cools just fine with it there, so its nbd.
    oops

Can you post a picture of your 80mm ??

ill try to remember when i get home from work today
    oops

E. Northport?? I have a friend of mine who lived there. I used to live in Port Jefferson!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.