Question on OEM Sub
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Question on OEM Sub within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; HEY I read awhile back that u can get the best sound out of ur Oem upgraded sound system if ...

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

Question on OEM Sub

HEY

I read awhile back that u can get the best sound out of ur Oem upgraded sound system if u fool around with the numbers (fade, Balance)

I think i remember that the Balance right controls the sub...?

What are some good numbers?
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

balance is left to right. Fade is front to rear. I know you can take the sub and amp down from the seat and adjust the crossover and gain to make it louder and whatnot. The best way to get better performance would be to take it out of the car and buy some aftermarket sub and amp/

Originally posted by GTScoob
    balance is left to right. Fade is front to rear. I know you can take the sub and amp down from the seat and adjust the crossover and gain to make it louder and whatnot. The best way to get better performance would be to take it out of the car and buy some aftermarket sub and amp/
    I second buying aftermarket..............

I paid premium ($188?) for it and I have tinkered and tinkered and it turns to mush at about 2 when you adjust from the O.E.M radio.

I will eventuly get a "Bazooka" type removable Kenwood 10-12in powered,etc to blend it better,

As for now......I just leave it on 1.

Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

What I have done is to adjust the BASS on the deck to zero.. then used the volume and crossover knobs on the sub to find the level I like. That way the door speakers are not driving too hard and distorting. Of course if you crank it way up, it's going to do that anyway.. it's still OEM, but it isn't gonna get ripped off

i was looking at my sub and didn't see any controls on it. am i missing something?
    Street-2000 BRP Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
    Snow-04 Nitro Voltage 158/06 Burton Custom Bindings/04 Vans Fargo Boots
    Photo-Canon 20d and some lenses
    Tech-Apple iBook G4

As it's mounted in the car, there are two little dials, both recessed, on the left side toward the back. I just slide the pass seat all the way up and can get to them. I can't rememeber which is which, but one if Volume and the other is the freq adj.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.