which mech boost gauge?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on which mech boost gauge? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; just like the title says, need a good, preferrably on the cheap side, boost gauge, but would like it to ...

which mech boost gauge?

just like the title says, need a good, preferrably on the cheap side, boost gauge, but would like it to be, well, um, ACCURATE. Any recommendations?
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OEM!!!!!
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

that is FAR from cheap, LOL
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Originally posted by ero2
    that is FAR from cheap, LOL
    I'm selling mine for 50 bucks. Look at my for sale thread in the Mountain States forum.
    www.awdpirates.net

Autometer Phantom 52mm- 30Vac/30PSI model - I love mine and it's easy to install. Works awesome, and comes with a green bulb cover which matches your interior lighting - should run you between 50-70 bucks - RMackay82 (Rich) has the factory one - it came with his car but the guy who had the car before him said it was ridiculously expensive - if you have 200 bucks then don't waste it on the factory boost gauge...it's a nice gauge but it doesn't even read PSI
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

i love my autometer!

Originally posted by Danbob
    Autometer Phantom 52mm- 30Vac/30PSI model - I love mine and it's easy to install. Works awesome, and comes with a green bulb cover which matches your interior lighting - should run you between 50-70 bucks - RMackay82 (Rich) has the factory one - it came with his car but the guy who had the car before him said it was ridiculously expensive - if you have 200 bucks then don't waste it on the factory boost gauge...it's a nice gauge but it doesn't even read PSI

think I am going to go that route, all I need is the mounting cup and the gauge right? or does it come with a mounting bracket?

and does it come with a T for the hose or do I have to make one?

and what power source did you tap, clock, or elsewhere?

Thanks for the recommendation :-)
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

I believe the autometer gauges come with everything you need to instal them.
    2004 STi

would this be a good one? might go pick her up right now, http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDeta...goryCode=3342L what do you guys think? decent gauge, good price?
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

For the Autometer you need:

1.Mounting Cup
    2.T-fitting (1/4x1/4x1/8)
    3.tube-connector (not sure on the size)

Good luck
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

Had an autometer and hated it. Always readin a few pounds off and eventually the needle fell off.

Went with FAZE from advance auto. Been very happy with it. I have a stock boost controller and the gauge reads right at 13.5 in 4th which is right where it should be. only 60 bucks too.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

What do the Faze look like? Any pics
    2004 STi

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.c...D=1&lc=pfpartt

Face glows blue at night. Doesn't match the dash but I wasn't worried about it. If you are worried about it matching they make a black faced one that glows green. For you STi guys though I think you're outta luck...
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

i'm runnin the Omoris 52mm with adjustable backlighting. It can match the color of your dash and when you want to bling turn up the blue. Pretty accurate as at wot at 4th and 5th it reads 14.5 on the dot. Only other one I'd buy are the Defi's but they cost way more!

Syr, NY the welfare capital of the northeast
    VDO vision gauge, it matches the stock gauges except for a different color needle. Its the last one on the page for $30, much nicer and functions better than my autometer + costs less than 1/2 of what I paid for the autometer. You would have to get the hose kit but the autozone near my house sells the hose kit for about $8.

http://egauges.com/vdo_mult.asp?Type...s=Vision&Cart=

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.